We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Wirral, United...
reviews: 61
Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Hi - We are hoping someone will be able / willing to help with our query.

We have 2 seats WT+ booked with B A (paid cash) Manchester to Cape Town in March. We have now recently joined the exec club & are also collecting avios.

The B A site seems to indicate that we can transfer our avios points to the B A exce club and also claim points for the flights we have already booked for March 2013?

Can anyone please tell us if this is correct and if so how to do it as we cannot seem to fathom this out by looking on the B A web site.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Were you collecting Air Miles, which have now moved to become Avios? You may move Avios from one account to the other with the 'Combine my Avios' tool at the Manage My Account page at ba.com

If you have added your EC membership number to your bookings for travel in March (you may add the information at the Manage My Bookings page) then the Avios earned will be added to the EC account, not the avios.com account.

UK
reviews: 84
2. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

<<The BA site seems to indicate that we can transfer our avios points to the B A exec club and also claim points for the flights we have already booked for March 2013?>>

You get the points when you fly, not book. So it doesn't matter you booked and paid for it, you get them after you fly and not before.

To do that as TP says you need to enter your exec club number against each flight within Manage My Booking (you each get Avios for your own flights, you cant add them onto just one persons number).

Go into the MMB dropdown and select "find my booking" it should be self explanatory from there. If its not the only thing that occurs to me is that you may yesterday have registered Avios numbers against the flights, in which case I dont think you can change it online you may need to phone to get it changed.

Scotland
reviews: 11
3. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Don't forget that you can create a household account with BA, which allows you to pool your miles.

uk
reviews: 164
4. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Remember too that perhaps the best use of Avios points within the BAEC is to use them to upgrade from a paid WT+ seat to a flat bed Club Class seat - so if you have 20,000 avios upwards you could see if you can upgrade online via MMB - avios are pretty much a waste of time for getting free tickets in long haul economy, but for upgrading to club class they're great!

Wirral, United...
5. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Thank you very very much Traveller plus, Joe, Scots Al and Jeremy for your prompt and helpful replies.

Thank you for explaining we get the points when we have flown not when we purchase them, we did not realise that. We do intend to use the points to upgrade a flight next Sept / Oct we would not use them to purchase economy flights as we never fly economy and realise that it would be poor value to do so.

If we understand correctly we need to

(1) move the airmiles points to the avois account using the 'combine tool.

(2) Add the EC membership number to our March 2013 booking

(3) Create a household account

Thanks again we do appreciate your time & effort in responding to our query.

surrey
reviews: 25
6. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Yes to 1 and 2 but hold back on creating a household account until you actually need to. You can only make changes to your BA executive club account once every 6 months.

Wirral, United...
7. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.

8. Re: Advice requested please re B A Exec Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2013