We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9flights

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 3
9flights

I have booked a return flight on the 6th feb to bangkok through 9flights and I want to change the date on the way back - however they are useless anyone have any information about what to do? I already paid and everytime i phone they say i will call you back or hang up

11 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 104
1. Re: 9flights

What were the conditions on your ticket when you booked? Some tickets can only be changed at a hefty fee - mainly tickets booked with online agents such as 9Flights.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: 9flights

Sorry OP but if this is a non changable ticket which I assume it would be, you are stuffed. Learn your lesson and book direct with the airline next time

UK
reviews: 81
3. Re: 9flights

I already paid and everytime i phone they say i will call you back or hang up

======

Just be thankful they do, because changing the sort of ticket these bucket shop operators sell would likely result in you spending the same amount again, not to mention a shed load of hassle bearing in mind other complaints here.

And next time you buy a ticket, consider that all tickets are not the same. Assuming your flight was cheaper than the airline (and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasnt), you may think you got a bargain, but when you need to contact them (for example the airline changes timings, or you want to change timings) you see where they economised to get lower prices, on customer service and ultra inflexible Ts&Cs.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, and the waiter is bringing you the bill right now.

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: 9flights

I have had a nightmare with 9flights. They took £1000 from me for 2 single flights to India booked 3 months in advance. Luckily I called up 2 days prior to take off to confirm the booking and THEY HAD NOT BOOKED MY FLIGHTS!!!! I spent the entire day on the phone being passed to more than 10 different people all saying that it was a mistake on their part and they needed more time to re book the flights for me. I stupidly believed them and left it a whole day before realising that they were lying and were never going to rebook the flights. I had to fight for a full refund and then re booked my flights for double the price. Sickening.

NEVER BOOK THROUGH 9 FLIGHTS. GO DIRECT TO THE AIRLINE. That is my best advice and I have learnt a massive lesson from this. I'm just amazed the company is still in business as all their staff seem to have the IQ of a goldfish. A dead one.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
5. Re: 9flights

"NEVER BOOK THROUGH 9 FLIGHTS. GO DIRECT TO THE AIRLINE."

Pity you didn't do that first - I guess you booked through them because you thought it was cheaper and I'm afraid that those who only consider price will continue to use them and a variety of other 3rd parties.

Manchester, United...
6. Re: 9flights

I booked flights to Bangkok for the summer holidays through 9flights and they had booked, confirmed it and sent the e-ticket on the same day. I've been to Bangkok 6 times and this is the cheapest I've got my ticket even considering its school holidays. I haven't flown yet, so hopefully everything will be fine (I will update on here when I have) but so far my experience has been fine!

UK
reviews: 81
7. Re: 9flights

So, as long as they didn't forget to book your ticket, you don't need to contact them, and you haven't yet flown with them, they are good.

:-)

8. Re: 9flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, January 24, 2014

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
9. Re: 9flights

mystica

Posting the same message on multiple threads is consider spamming - as others have said on the other threads you'll need to claim on your travel insurance as the airline will not refund you for what in all probability was a non refundable ticket.

London, United...
reviews: 3
10. Re: 9flights

9flights/Crystal Travel are not a nice company.

I recently had to take them to court to recover money lost due to them changing my flights (booked five months previously) at the last minute. I gave them ample opportunity to remedy the problem but ended up having to book alternative return flights elsewhere. Dealing with their customer services is one of the most futile and frustrating experiences of my life. The saga dragged on all through the month I was away on holiday and then eventually after six months back home I filed a claim in the courts against them. They settled in full before it went to court but I don't feel I would have got back the money owed if I hadn't done this.

I think their business model relies on most people giving up and not chasing what is owed to them.

Not worth the hassle. Buy direct from the airline. I wish I had!

If you are already involved in a dispute with them, all I can say is don't waste your time trying to resolve the problem on the phone or by email or in writing. They don't respond and will continuously fob you off with lies and excuses. I wasted over 60 phone calls, tens of emails and several written letters trying to communicate with them and didn't manage to extract a single significant response. The only thing they respond to is the court.

And relax...

Reply to: 9flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted