We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volaris Airlines

Cuyutlan, Mexico
reviews: 2
Volaris Airlines

I have usually had a good experience with Volaris, but today their actions have erased any pleasant memories from the past. I was checked in on the 2:00 a.m. Flight from Tijuana to Colima. At 2 o'clock they announced that fog had made it impossible to take off on time, but to stay by the gate in case conditions changed. Instead of delaying departure until conditions improved, they cancelled the flight some eight hours later, after over 100 passengers, including several children and some aged adults in wheelchairs, waited throughout the night. Their Next flight to Colima is on Thursday (today is Sunday). Only solution is to fly to Guadalajara and take a bus to Colima, as there are no other flights. But first must retrieve luggage and find a hotel, because there are no flights to GDL today. Volaris is paying for NONE of these additional expenses and simply blames their decision to cancel the flight, rather than delay takeoff until the fog lifts -- as it does everyday here -- on the weather. VOLARIS you SUCK.

21 replies to this topic
Seattle...
1. Re: Volaris Airlines

Volaris has safely flown >25mm passengers since 2006.

Weather is a bugger.

I've been bitten by the same sort of issues that happened to you. ...and so I sympathize.

However, blaming Volaris on the weather, or not trying to take chances with your lives, appears a little harsh.

The only thing you can hold them accountable for is for not keeping you informed during that time. Did they ever not tell you what the status was? Remember, Volaris gets its flying status not by being great forecasters but by getting you there safely. ...and they did not get anyone killed or injured, which is to their credit. Right?

Mexico City, Mexico
2. Re: Volaris Airlines

Hi Rick,

I´m at Volaris' Customer Service group, would it be possible yo give me your reservation code and a phone number, so we can contact you and help you?

Thanks!

UK
reviews: 84
3. Re: Volaris Airlines

Instead of delaying departure until conditions improved, they cancelled the flight some eight hours later,

======

Seems to me they did what you wanted, and delayed it, almost certainly until the crew ran out of time. At that point they wouldn't have anyone to fly the plane. What would you expect them to do then, ask for volunteers from the passengers to fly it ?

Mexico City, Mexico
4. Re: Volaris Airlines

Hi again, Rick, we would like to help you, please could you write us a mail with your reservation code and a phone number where we can contact you. We want to give you a resolution :)

Latina, Italy
5. Re: Volaris Airlines

Joe, if you've read my other posts on this forum you'll realise that I've not flown for many years but - unfortunately - I'm likely to have to in 2013.

<<almost certainly until the crew ran out of time>>

Can the crew run out of time even if they are not actually flying? If they are just hanging around waiting for the fog to lift, why is that considered "time"?

UK
reviews: 84
6. Re: Volaris Airlines

Can the crew run out of time even if they are not actually flying? If they are just hanging around waiting for the fog to lift, why is that considered "time"?

=======

Yes, and "because it is" in that order.

And being serious, suppose the flight was able to go in 16 hours time. Would you be happy with a crew that's been awake for 24+ hours?

They have very strict rules on how long crew can work (=be on duty, doesn't mean they are actually flying or serving customers) , pretty much all instigated because at some time in the past, there was a horrendous accident put down to tired crew making a mistake.

So once they "clock on" the timer starts and is adhered to rigidly. When it runs out, even if they have been sat there reading a magazine, thats it. Even if they haven't timed out when the plane would take off, if they *would* time out before it lands (and with an allowance for being a little late), then they cant go.

Edited: 11:49 am, November 27, 2012
Cuyutlan, Mexico
7. Re: Volaris Airlines

Someone called a few minutes ago and got my email address.

Cuyutlan, Mexico
8. Re: Volaris Airlines

There was no crew. They never arrived.

Matamoros...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Volaris Airlines

I wish I had read all this before!!!

I recomend not buying on the Volaris website, but I think I will never consider the airline again. I bought a ticket for my daughter on October 15 , and was charged 3 times for the ticket , 3 charges for $2,086 mexican pesos and one for the original ticket that was $1.970 pesos. I called the company and they were very nice , gave me a number with which they would keep a record and my money would be reimbursed , in 7 to 20 days. since that day I have called them everyday and have been lied to in many ways!!!

Cuyutlan, Mexico
10. Re: Volaris Airlines

To their credit, Volaris contacted me over the weekend to provide me with a significantly reduced price on my next flight.

Reply to: Volaris Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted