We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 12
LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

For many weeks I have been trying to book these flights for travel in July but the flights for travel after 3April are not yet loaded in the system. LAN in Sydney seemed surprised by this as well and could not offer any assistance. Weeks later when I rang again I was advised the flights would be available for booking from 23Nov however that is not the case.

Would anyone have any new information as to when the northern summer reschedule should be complete and flights available for booking? Thanks.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 82
1. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

I am seeing flights in July on the LAN web site!

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

They normally operate about 9 flights a day but only currently show 2 flights SCL/LIM but they are part of through services to NYC & LAX. LAN have been doing the northern summer schedule change and there has been a delay in loading the flights for SCL/LIM/SCL. Others, including myself are keen to make our reservations as certain tour arrangements depend on the flights. Just trying to find out if any LAN experts or others can help establish when we may be able to make reservations. some of the flights appeared briefly for a day or so but are no longer showing as operating. Does anyone have any current info? Thanks.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 2
3. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

I have spoken to a representative from a company in New Zealand called World Aviation Systems. Not 100% sure exactly what the company actually does but I think they deal with New Zealand travel agencies South American travel packages.

I had emailed them about a month ago in regards to Lan flights Lim/Scl Scl/Lim and was told the rescheduling of flights would be completed by 1 Dec.

Phoned them today and the information they have from Lan is that the flights are now scheduled to be back up on 10 Dec.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

Thanks Joel. Yesterday I noticed that there was an additional flight added in each direction but far from the expected number of services. I was going to call LAN today to see if there was any idea when the flights will be available for bookings so your information was helpful.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 2
5. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

Sorry for the bad information, once again the ''scheduled'' date has arrived and still no flights have been added.

Each time they have assured me that they have been given a set date from Lan but it seems Lan keeps shifting the date.

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

Hopefully they will be there soon. I will just keep checking every day. Whenever we find the flights are up we can post again here. Thanks for trying. I just had minor changes on my AKL/SCL/AKL so other routes may be taking longer to sort out before they get to the LIM/SCL sectors.

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

Hi everyone - the flights are now available and I have just successfully booked my South American Airpass! Thanks to all of you who have been waiting so patiently and sharing information. Good luck.

8. Re: LAN - unable to to book Santiago/Lima/Santiago 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 17, 2013