We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch airlines

Canada
reviews: 101
Monarch airlines

Hi! I am wanting to fly from Gatwick to Faro on Monarch airlines mid January. I have read a few unfavorable reviews on long hauls. Does anyone know what this flight is like? Thanks

Edited: 9:55 pm, November 24, 2012
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
1. Re: Monarch airlines

Gatwick-Faro isn't longhaul so not really fair to make a comparison. It's only a few hours. I wouldn't use them for longhaul, but I use them for Faro and Lanzarote and find them perfectly ok. Legroom is a bit better than some charters. There won't be any IFE but take a book or ipod etc.

Canada
reviews: 101
2. Re: Monarch airlines

Thank you.

Hampshire England
reviews: 61
3. Re: Monarch airlines

I've found the leg room and in flight service on Monarch short haul to be perfectly acceptable.

The service at airport if the flight is delayed is another matter. Utterly hopeless.

But probably the same could be said for a majority of airlines in this respect.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
4. Re: Monarch airlines

Have flown Monarch many times. It's not 5 star but its not bad. I have flown with a darn sight worse than them by many others. That trip certainly can't be classed as long haul. They are normally competitive so if you're getting the flight at the right price then go for it.

5. Re: Monarch airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 17, 2013