We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris CDG - terminals.

Warsaw, Poland
Paris CDG - terminals.

Hello everyone,

My question concerns the estimated transfer time between terminal 1 and 2F in Paris CDG. I will be arriving from Copenhague at 10:20 AM in terminal 1 and then I will have to collect my luggage and go to terminal 2F for my filght to Toulouse at 12:40. Is this enough time? I assume I will have to get through the security check again and there is no any possibility that my luggage could be transferred directly to Toulouse (as I booked those flights separately, one is by SAS and the secend one by Air France). The flight from Copenhague is connected too btw...

Any answers/tips would be appreciated.

Best regards

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

It will take minimum 1 hour to collect baggage and go to terminal 2F.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
2. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

Can't help with times but this link might help with the process - I assume you know that if you miss the connecting flight for any reason you will have to buy a new ticket as it is an unprotected connection because it's seperate tickets.

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-GB/Passagers/Acce…

Warsaw, Poland
3. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

Tom, yes, I know, that's mainly the reason why I'm asking :)

Hans, have you done this before? I mean, if it is one hour that there's no problem for me (I can run if nescessary). The next flight is at 18:30, so I'd rather take a risk than wait 8 hours...

Thanks for fast answers :)

Edited: 6:15 am, November 24, 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 362
4. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

I never did it. But at first sight, it looks very short. You'll land at T1 and collect your luggage. That's probably already 30-45 minutes. They you have to transfer. All together another 15-20 minutes (the ride itself takes about 10 minutes using the CDGVAL). Then you have to make the queue (that can be long) to check in or just drop off your luggage. All this before 12:00 latest. It can work if your flight from CPH is on time. But I would not take the risk...

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
5. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

Btw if you are leaving from WAW, why don't you fly via AMS (one stop only, same airline, same ticket)?

London, United...
6. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

I would not do it either if its not one ticket, I probably would not even do it on one ticket, you really do need to check In two hours before departure at CDg, It's a truly horrible airport, the worst in my experience. Sure you can do it in less , but there is a fair chance you will need the time.

As such, and in line with the airports advice, you should be arriving at check in/ bag drop off at 10. 40 am latest.

This gives you twenty mins to disembark, collect luggage and get to the next terminal. Sure it's all doable, but very very highly risky particularly if you don't know the airport, as CDg is the least easy to manoeuvre airport in existence, I get confused every time.

Factor in possible flight delays, delays in disembarking, luggage delays etc and you are into a high risk strategy, that yes could work easily and swifltly, but with a high chance it goes horribly wrong,,,and it's your buck if it goes wrong and you effectively become a no show for your flight. If the flight is not expensive and you are willing to chance it do so, bearing in mind the cost of a stand by flight could be extremely high though.

If not willing to take a risk, give yourself five or six hours minimum to be safe.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
7. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

For the record, the check-in deadline for a domestic AF flight at CDG 2 is 40 minutes (airfrance.fr/FR/…enregistrement_hle.htm).

Warsaw, Poland
8. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

Swissdiver the thing is I'm not leaving from WAW but from Gdansk (GDN).

Froggy, the next filght is at 12:40 and the check in deadline for Air France flights within France is 30 mins before the take off time. That gives me 1 hour 50 mins starting from 10:20... Even if it is a very confusing airport that seems to be enough time isn't it...?

London, United...
9. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

I think the confusion is the difference between check in deadline ( ie closing) and recommended time to arrive at the airport to check in, which is two hours before hand ( or possibly 2. 5, I struggle to remember).

I would strongly recommended anyone not turning up at CDg 30 or 40 mins before their flight expecting to go through baggage drop, security and get to their gate. Sure it's doable, but it's highly risky.

What do you do if there is a big queue at baggage drop off? What if security is queued out? The plane will shut its doors 10 to 15 mins before departure.....and they will not let you board.

Of course it's doable, I am simply saying on two tickets I really would not take the chance, however I am risk averse.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
10. Re: Paris CDG - terminals.

I have transferred from T1 to T2 several times on the bus and picked up my luggage once when I missed my flight and had to stay overnight near CDG.

Based on these experiences I said minimum 1 hour.