We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Pay with Miles Program - Eligible FLights Questions

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
Delta Pay with Miles Program - Eligible FLights Questions

I am looking for some information about the Delta American Express Gold credit card program that allows you to pay with miles. My sole reason for considering this this card is to be able to purchase a non-stop flight from San Francisco to Amsterdam in July, 2013 with the miles I have accumulated. The flights I am interested in are operated by KLM , but have a Delta (DL) flight number. Based on my searches at delta.com these non-flight flights seem to be blacked out for the regular sky miles rewards program. The cost of the flights are currently around $1,500, so my understanding of this program is that I will need to use about 150,000 miles to pay wish miles for the flight. Can anyone tell me if these flights are eligible for this program. In the terms and conditions of the programs it says:

No blackouts means that Pay with Miles can be used for any eligible flight available at delta.com on any day of the year. No inventory restriction means that Pay with Miles can be used for any open seat on any eligible domestic or international flight available at delta.com.

UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Delta Pay with Miles Program - Eligible FLights Questions

I suggest you post on the Flyertalk Delta forum, they will know there. My gut feel is that if, to use your own words "My sole reason for considering this card..." is one particular flight, then this is a high risk proposition and you may end up disappointed.

You aren't doing it direct with Delta it's a code share, it can often be problematic to book partner flights on miles, there may be no availability on a partner even if Delta gave no blackouts, etc etc.

I presume there is some awesome introductory offer and or you can foresee a very high spend to get the miles (or both) but I'd say that subject to Flyertalk advice, this is unlikely to be a good plan.

Edited: 4:42 am, November 24, 2012
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 59
2. Re: Delta Pay with Miles Program - Eligible FLights Questions

I have used the Delta Amex card to book tickets.

Only SOME of the Delta flights are eligible for this program so I wouldn't get the card if there is only 1 flight that interests you!

3. Re: Delta Pay with Miles Program - Eligible FLights Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2013