We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Airport connection timings

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
37 reviews
Athens Airport connection timings

I wonder if someone could tell me if there is enough time to catch a British Airways flight to London at 19,05 if we arrive on a Cyprus Airways flight from Crete at 17.05?

It seems a bit tight to me but last time we changed flights at Athens the bags arrived quite quickly. I know we cant guarantee flights being on time but it would be great if we could do this particular set of flights.

Thanks very much. Rob

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
13,450 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

Will this be on one ticket ot two seperate tickets - if the latter I wouldn't even consider risking it.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

I think it will be 2 as I cannot find a BA codeshare that flies on to Crete from Athens

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
13,450 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

"I think it will be 2" - just too much risk for my liking, if you miss the Athens-UK flight for any reason (delays etc) you're simply a no show. Your ticket is void and you'll have to buy an expensive walk up ticket to get home.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

I wouldn't risk it if it's on two separate tickets. If something goes wrong, you'd be in the unenviable situation of having to buy another ticket.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

ok well thanks for your advice. Plan B it will have to be

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
369 reviews
6. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

ATH is a small airport but it can be quite messy. So the odds for something unusual to happen are higher than elsewhere in Europe. As such, I wouldn't go for the 2 hours stop...

7. Re: Athens Airport connection timings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 16, 2013