We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about booking on LAN

Hong Kong
reviews: 84
Question about booking on LAN

I am trying to book the following flights -

Lima to La Paz, and return Juliaca (Puno) to Lima

The price quoted on the US site is much more expensive than the Peruvian one.

Normally, the quotation on the LAN Peruvian website would say Base and Base Plus fares are for Peruvian nationals only. This time, for the trip above that involve an international leg, the website does not show the warning. The economy class code is K and V.

So, does it mean that I can book the above flight at a cheaper price on the Peruvian site even though I am not a resident/ national of Peru?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
1. Re: Question about booking on LAN

Probably not.

You should post this on the Peru forum, where there is much discussion of LAN fares. Last I heard, the penalty for a non-resident of Peru booking Base fares was $178.50 per leg.

Another good option would be to call or email LAN regarding your question.

2. Re: Question about booking on LAN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 16, 2013