We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

NJ
reviews: 3
Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

I think, for the most part, I have to agree with this list:

travelandleisure.com/articles/…1

norfolk
reviews: 30
1. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

my last experience - terminal 7 at jfk, was quick and efficient. the tsa operator was pleasant and had a little [inoffensive] joke. a huge improvement in wait times and operators' attitudes over the past two years. well done!

the worst - one saturday night at ewr. well over an hour and a half to get through, with b.a. staff going franticly up and down the queue trying to get their passengers to the front and tsa staff sending them back again. and every female passenger on the jet airways flight being told individually that every single piece of jewellery had to be removed and every one refusing then arguing.... and every male failing to take the laptop OUT of its bag.... omg it was a nightmare.

i don't know if it has improved - never dared risk booking from newark since!

pam

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
2. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

Security is annoying. I will agree. BUT bomb explosions -whether on the ground or in the air are even more annoying, So, I'd rather grit my teeth and deal with security.

norfolk
reviews: 30
3. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

me too. but i would be waaay happier if i thought they were looking for the 'next' thing, rather than the thing done 'last time'. and let us not forget - the event which caused all of this began in a local airport, on internal flights.

don't misunderstand my post #1. i am not criticising the security personnel in that instance - it was the passengers who were being complete numpties.

pam

Houston, Texas
reviews: 169
4. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

I wasn't really impressed by the article. ALL checkpoints are annoying. TSA employees are uneducated, and poorly trained, I have absolutly no respect for them.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

>> Do you agree ? <<

Nope. Personally I have no gripes against the TSA; if there's a delay caused by a few dumb pax who haven't listened to the TSA rep shouting information to everyone while they're in line, that's the fault of the pax.

My top three most annoying security checkpoints are all outside the US. In no particular order ....

* Incheon (yes Incheon!!)

* Delhi

* Bangalore

Why? Because they make me open my carry on and show every piece of electrical chord. That's the power adapter for my laptop, USB chord for my iPhone/iPad and (when I have it) the battery charger for my camera.

ICN just makes me show them every piece (and then pack it away again) while other pax behing me look bemused. At BLR I even had to show that the laptop adapter chord fitted my laptop, and that the camera battery charger charged the battery that fitted my (compact) camera.

And, after all that verification, they hassle you with "hurry up and pack it away, there's others waiting behind you"!

Now that's annoying!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
6. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

" TSA employees are uneducated, and poorly trained, I have absolutly no respect for them."

Tough job, making people wait to get to their gates for no apparent reason.

I have never had any issues what so ever with the TSA employees. I guess maybe you get what you give or something like that.

A typical encounter would be (the TSA person smiling) Good morning may I see your boarding pass and ID please? Thank you enjoy your trip. End of encounter.

I have NEVER been talked down to, disrespected or treated with anything less than professionalism.

And Yes, I fly ALOT.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
7. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

Pam I agree, most of the aggravation comes from clueless passengers. They stand there like deer in a headlight as if TSA is talking to someone else. Do I really, I don't understand... Like--just do it fool and we can all move on!

The best was the person who insisted that MY laptop was his. ( until I turned it on and proved it was mine) His came through the x-ray a few minutes later, but he was all ready to start yelling that I was stealing his laptop, --GOOD GRIEF!

Edited: 2:30 pm, November 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
8. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

BrightonBill.

I'm a very easy going person, and I know enough to keep my mouth shut & be polite at checkpoints, I am a professional, representing my Company, and know the rules.

I HAVE been treated rudely, have been delayed, have secondary pat downs, and a few other things. And furthermore, during these times, I have cobntinued to be polite, and have not lost my temper at any time.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Houston, Texas
9. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

>>>>Pam I agree, most of the aggravation comes from clueless passengers. They stand there like deer in a headlight as if TSA is talking to someone else. Do I really, I don't understand... Like--just do it fool and we can all move on!<<<<

I can agree with you on this. I see people screaming abouth the dumbest things. If I would have written down all the incidents I have seen over the years, I could write a good book. As retirement approches, I'm sorry I didn't.

Edited: 2:37 pm, November 21, 2012
Bradford West...
reviews: 19
10. Re: Do you agree ? -- Most annoying airport security checkpoints

I have mostly flown out YYZ to southern islands, as well as domestic in Canada and once to Miami, mostly recently was a flight from YYZ-LAS in Spetember 2011. Of all the times I have flown I cant say the security personell here in Canada or the TSA in the US have been rude. The security lines the time we flew out of Miami were outrageously long and they check your passport every step you take, its like really, you just checked it 2 minutes ago. Like how many times can you check my passport before I get to my gate?

I have not encountered any issues when going through security, i find its usually the issues others cause going through security. Like filling your carry on with items you are not allowed to take, or not listening to the security person, its like hello he is talking to you, move forward, put your items in the bin and push them through.

Some people just amaze me, its like wake up people, there are others behind you.