We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

terms and conditions of the flight booked online

London, United...
terms and conditions of the flight booked online

I bought a return ticket with Vayama and I have a lot of problems with changing the date of the flight. In my previous post other members suggested that I didn't read terms and conditions. I did read everything that was available on the website at the time of booking. What I want to know if it is normal that at the time of booking only general T&C are available? I cannot change the date as the return flight must be within 6 months of outbound flight. I have never seen that condition and the company still didn't present it to me on my countless requests. How is it with other on-line travel agencies?

UK
reviews: 83
1. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

They are not "general" Ts&Cs, they are specific to you, they say that changes *may* be possible, which (and how is this not obvious?) mean they might NOT be.

What the exact conditions are for a change to be allowed will rely upon a huge range of conditions, many of which will be between Vayama and the airline they bought the ticket from at the time, and others will rely on when you bought teh ticket, when you want to change and to what, what agreements Vayama has in place with that airline at the time you ask for the change, and so on. Hence they say, a change *may* be possible.

If you wanted a flight where changes WERE (not "may be") allowed, you should almost certainly have booked with someone else, which in 99% of cases means, the airline. But there, you can choose both non changeable, and changeable (at extra cost) ticket types, I've done this in the past.

You however chose the very cheapest ticket type (I assume), didn't bother to check that changes were allowed for sure, ignored the part about changes only "may" be possible and presumably took that to mean they WERE possible and then complain.

Third parties like Vayama and similar sell cheap (sometimes) tickets which are more restrictive. It costs more to change and a change may not be possible.

All this was in black and white right in front of you when you booked. You just chose to ignore it and behave as if "may be" means "is"

London
reviews: 34
2. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

The cheapest fares are also the least flexible. I thought everyone knew that :-)

I also see that your last thread got deleted because you were apparently to be soliciting for comments to allow you to mount a vendetta against Vayama.

This is what you wrote:

>> I created a facebook page to gather all Vayama unhappy customers and those who do not agree with their unfair practices [link redacted]. Please like it and describe your story there. <<

Edited: 7:17 am, November 21, 2012
UK
3. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

Here's an example of the difference between Ts&Cs for Vayama, BA cheapest and BA flexible.

Vayama (lets say they are cheapest, I havent compared)

======

Changes to tickets may be possible following ticket issuance. To request a change use the Vayama online change request form by clicking here. Following a review, an email will be sent to the requester confirming or denying the request. If changes are allowed, a change quote will be provided via email. If allowed, ticket(s) will be exchanged for the original purchase price plus the applicable airline change penalty, plus any fare difference between the original fare paid and the fare associated with the new ticket(s).

If changes are allowed and applied, Vayama will charge a change processing fee of $100.00/person. This fee is in addition to the applicable Airline Change Penalty.

BA cheapest ticket

=====

Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £ 100 or an upgrade fee of £ 100 plus any difference in fare.

BA >>changeable<< ticket (double price)

======

Time/date changes permitted at any time for the difference in fare.

You get what you pay for !

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

The price is usually different for tickets valid 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.

Amsterdam, The...
5. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

See: www.vayama.com/help/after-booking#local_link1

UK
6. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

Xircal, they want help *before* booking.

Newport, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

i booked premium economy for a long haul flight but thai air say the do not do from u.k. is there any redress

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 210
8. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

As you did not book direct with them on line (as you should have done) you have no redress whatsoever and if you had gone through their web booking system you would not have been able to book PE as they don't offer it on the LHR/BKK flights!

Edited: 1:47 pm, March 29, 2013
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

bualoi, which wonderful organisation sold you a PE ticket for a route that doesn't have PE seating? Please tell. Was it Vayama or someone else?

Edited: 1:54 pm, March 29, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: terms and conditions of the flight booked online

Yep, I'm curious on that one too...