We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton Towers UK to Paris

Adelaide
reviews: 2
Alton Towers UK to Paris

Can anyone suggest what is the best way to get across to Paris from Alton Towers in the UK? I have been researching and we can either go on the Eurostar or fly direct with Air France of British European (Flybe) from Birmingham. Some of the flights of Flybe are operated by Air France (as far as I can tell) . We are from Australia and don't know the area at all, so any advice/assistance would be helpful!

Cheers

Looking for Info!

Vaney

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

The best way could partly depend on how you intend to get from Alton Towers to Birmingham in order to catch the train/plane and what luggage you will have.

It's around 60 miles from Alton Towers to Birmingham - I'd probably favour Eurostar as you have less time sitting around airports and it takes you right into Paris.

Adelaide
2. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Thanks TomC97,

I was leaning towards Eurostar but was looking for some local knowledge! Can I ask you one more question? Regarding luggage and the Eurostar do you just take it onboard or do we have to pay etc - Happy for your advice.

Cheers

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
3. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Vaney

You have a free baggage allowance on Eurostar which is better than the LCC airlines - see details from Eurostar website

"When you travel with Eurostar, you don’t usually need to check your luggage in. Each passenger can take up to 2 medium-sized items (85cm at their maximum length) with them on board, plus 1 small item of hand luggage. What’s more, provided none of your items are longer than 85cm at their longest length, there aren’t any weight restrictions."

Adelaide
4. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Thanks again TomC97 for your help.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
5. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

TomC97 asks a key question about how you are getting from Alton Towers to Birmingham or London? ( and I suppose how you are getting to Alton Towers in the first place?).

Blythe Bridge or Uttoxeter are the nearest rail stations which have local train connections with trains to Stoke or Derby. You can go from either of those to Birmingham International (will have to change at B'ham New Street probably, for B'ham airport or London (Euston from Stoke or Kings Cross/St Pancras from Derby) for Eurostar.

You can also fly from East Midlands airport to Paris, access by bus from Derby station.

Edited: 8:09 am, November 21, 2012
Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
6. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Public transport links for Alton Towers.

www.altontowers.com/events/how-to-find-us/

If I can help you more (I'm a Staffordshire exiled in the West Mids) just ask : ).

Edited: 8:32 am, November 21, 2012
West Midlands, UK
reviews: 16
7. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Would Manchester airport be just as close as Birmingham and maybe better options for flights to Paris?

Edited: 9:53 am, November 21, 2012
Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
8. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Yes, Manchester would work maybe.

Best from Stoke by train, change at Stockport or Manchester Piccadilly

UK
reviews: 88
9. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

Luggage. Where is your luggage whilst you are at AT?

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
10. Re: Alton Towers UK to Paris

You need to aim for East Midlands airport or Mancester which will have more choice. No point in traipsing to Birmingham.