We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

I too have 4.5 hours at Dubai Terminal 3 between 5.30am - 10am on a Sunday morning.

I heard you can get a free meal at the Safar Restaurant in Termninal 1. Is this worth going all the way to T1? I'm not sure how long it takes to get to T1.. Would I have enough time?

Also - yes.. anyone know anything about how to get a shower in Terminal 3? Are they free? Do you have to pay, if so - how much?

I am not interested in paying for full lounge service but don't mind paying for a shower if it doesn't cost a fortune! (I'm flying economy with my mother)

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

Depending on where you start in T3 and where you want to go in T1, it can easily be 30 mins walk each way.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
102 posts
2. Re: Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

DXB is a nightmare. It's one long, long chaotic tube with very few walkways and a rather cold, clinical place I found. I didn't know about the free meal though and had to spend eight hours there once after arriving on a codeshare flight with Emirates in January 2010. The airco was running at full blast even though the outside temperature was only 18C and I felt at times like I was going to freeze to death before getting home.

This site has some info about the free meal you mentioned though: http://is.gd/Jg4UIG

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
369 reviews
3. Re: Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

Post #10 on tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5703283… is quite helpful. vmillan, you might have seen it already though...

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
4. Re: Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

It depends on where will you start taking to terminal 1

5. Re: Dubai - 4.5 hour transfer - Food & Shower?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013