We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

Cleveland, Tennessee
reviews: 11
Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

I am a Diamond stratus person on Delta. I have flown on their partner airlines Air France and KLM several times over the last few months. Every occasion I have been treated poorly. They simply do not recognize the status of Delta Frequent Fliers. I would suggest you be aware of this. Has anyone had the same experience and have you found a way to help?

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

What do you mean by 'treated poorly'?

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
2. Re: Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

I thought FF status gave one certain entitlements like lounge access, ability to upgrade, early boarding etc. I didn't realize it entitled one to be treated better than other passengers? Or do you mean that you didn't get your entitlements? How?

Edited: 12:14 am, November 21, 2012
uk
reviews: 73
3. Re: Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

I guess lounge access etc is better treatment than the ordinary passenger Eva.

I too would like the OP to elaborate on what he means.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

I suspect (though I may be wrong in which case I hope the OP comes back to clarify) what the OP means is that with his SkyMiles Diamond status on Delta, he doesn't get the same benefits as the equivalent status holder on AF/KLM, Flying Blue Platinum.

And that's correct. SkyMiles Diamond translates to SkyTeam Elite Plus, which offers a standard set of benefits, but NOT necessarily the same as the top tier of every partner carrier. Indeed Elite Plus is also available to SkyMiles Gold (50k EQM), so you only get the same level of benefits flying a partner carrier as a lower tier elite in your own program.

That's exactly the same as with Star Alliance. My United 1k status gets me Star Gold, the same as someone with up to 50,000 PQMs fewer than me (MP Gold).

And, conversely, top tier Flying Blue members (Platinum) wouldn't get the same level of benefits as you when flying Delta.

As I see it, it's (a) an incentive for you to fly your "home carrier" as you get more benefits than just flying an alliance partner, and (b) it ensures that your top tier benefits on Delta aren't diluted or taken up by elites on other carriers.

5. Re: Are Delta FF always treated poorly on Air France and KLM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 16, 2013