We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 143
cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

We are flying business class on EK (a bit of a treat!) and so are entitiled to the limo service. However we live further from the airport than the 60km allowed, we need more like 100km.

The website says we can pay for the extra distance at the "local rate". Anyone had any experience with this?

I have no idea what the going rate for a limo is. We may just stick with a taxi!

UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

Why would you not phone them to ask?

Victoria, Australia
2. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

I guess because one begins to rely on the friendly folk on the forums too much! LOL

The only number I can find is for reservations, I'm not sure they can help me with the "local rate". I'll give them a try though!

Edited: 8:28 pm, November 20, 2012
Australia
reviews: 42
3. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

Email them they respond really well - I did have an email from them recently giving me the rate but I deleted as we ended up choosing MAS. It was reasonable though

Email is under there contact details on the site (pity MAS isn't as good with their email communication sometimes you wait weeks ;)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 117
4. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

I have done this a few times now (in the UK) and found the service to be excellent and works out far far less than either taking a train or the huge cost of taxis.

I rang EK up using the local number the first time I used the service outside the allowed 'free' transport and they told me the excess fee which I paid to the driver.

When the limo company rings the day/night before they pick you up they will confirm the extra cost.

Victoria, Australia
5. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

Thanks everyone. I have just called Emirates and they were extemely helpful. The cost is an extra AUD35 each way, which is great value. We nornally pay around AUD170 each way for a taxi.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
6. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

Yes, its a great service that EK provide just wish many of the places in Asia I travel to had the facility as not all the destinations have the service..

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
7. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

And arriving in Venice and using the water taxi was also part of the limo service...very nice

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
8. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

Lynn B I heard that they do that, very nice indeed!

I cannot understand how in such places like KL, Tokyo and Shanghai they cannot provide a limo service.

9. Re: cost of extra distance - EK limo service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013