We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

Bromsgrove, United...
reviews: 52
Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

We are booked to go to Mexico with Thomsons and have upgraded to premium class.

The plane is apparently an ex First Choice aircraft- does this mean it looks like a First Choice plane on tbe inside with Star Class features and those light green seats or are the seats the Thomson Premium seats,the dark blue ones?

Flight no TOM 31 Birmingham to Cancun 26/01/13 refers

Bromsgrove, United...
1. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

Flight should read TOM 831...

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 5
2. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

The seat colours on the Ex First Choice aircraft are indeed the light green in economy with the creamy beige/light green in the Premium section with mood lighting.

Angie.

Bromsgrove, United...
3. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

Ok,perhaps I have confused myself.

Des an ex First Choice pane used by Thomsons still have First Choice seats or have Thomson put their own in?

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

The Ex First Choice aircraft now come under Thomson Airways since the merger back in 2009 but the Ex First Choice aircraft are still in original First Choice colours both outside and inside.

Angie.

Edited: 6:21 am, November 20, 2012
Bromsgrove, United...
5. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

Angie - Thank you - that explains it.

Is there any noticeable difference in standard/seats/service etc between FC and Thomsons Premium?

We did FC Premium to Aruba a few years back and it was ok/good.

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

No noticable difference in service as the cabin crew are a mixture of Ex First Choice and Thomson crew now.....seat wise on both aircraft they are coming to their end of their days especially as the new Dreamliners are behind schedule and are only doing certain routes/days at the beginning of May 2013......the seats are quite hard now as the air cushioning has deflated !!

I do prefer the Ex First Choice cabin even though it holds more passengers as I find the lighter colour scheme more pleasing to the eye and you have the mood lighting.....where the Ex Thomsonfly are the navy cabins and no mood lighting.

Angie.

sheffield
reviews: 1
7. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

hey there we are flying from manchester to cancun on the 6th may 2013 flight number is TOM 174 and in bound TOM 195 do you no wether this plane is an ex first choice or thomson we upgraded to premium economy and booked out bound seats we sat in seats 3a and 3b was just wondering what the cabin would be like wether it would be 5 rows of premium or 9 rows? read on other post that if its 5 rows people would get bumped to economy with premium benifit thanks

lyndsay

Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

Hi Lyndsay,

It should be an Ex First Choice aircraft with either V1 or V2 more likely to be V2 as there is only one V1 in the fleet of six.....you will notice by the seat plan that the V1 A/B seats start at Row 3.

Here are the seat plans.

V1

http://tinyurl.com/yjpfzu4

V2.

http://tinyurl.com/yhp6yxl

Angie.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
9. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

The V1 is supposed to be withdrawn from use at the end of this season, along with three V2, but whether that happens now, only time will tell. I think whatever version is planned to do your flight will be subject to change, given the problems with the Dreamliner.

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 7
10. Re: Thomson Premium/First Choice Premium Star Class

Hey there, we are traveling NCL to CUN 30th April, we have booked premium seats but we were unable to choose our seats online. We have since received an email from Thomson

confirming our seats are 3A & 3B. I believe we are flying on ex First Choice 767 V1, has anyone any info/pictures of these seats?