We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Tappen, Canada
Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Are others aware that Alaska Airlines has cancelled on-line access for Canadian holders of their Premium Plus Mastercard?

This is a big problem, no on-line statements, no ability to check on line charges and credits, no on line statements while travelling and very slow customer service at their 800 number.

We have contacted Caroline Boren, Managing Director of Alaska Airlines Loyalty programs in the hope that she can change this regressive decision.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
1. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

It is my understanding that there's been no online access for quite some time; back to last April.

This has nothing to do with Alaska Airlines. It is the bank's decision. You should be complaining to them.

Old discussion here:

flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-…

flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-…

Edited: 6:09 pm, November 19, 2012
Tappen, Canada
2. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Actually, it does have something to do with Alaska Airlines as the welcoming letter that comes with the Credit Card was co-signed by both Bank of America and by Alaska Airlines.

AA does have someone who deals with credit card loyalty programs.

As well, the service is so slow on the BofA Alaska Airlines bank site that one can wait for a very long time just to speak with someone to determine an account charge or balance, and no on line statements mean one cannot keep up to date with their account while travelling, so not very traveller friendly for an Airline credit card.

The suggestion to Alaska Airlines is to look for a different bank partner if BofA cannot provide on line service like every other bank does.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
3. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Alaska Airlines is AS. This was BoA's decision, but good luck with your complaint to AS.

You can track your charges without going online. Have you considered saving all your receipts and adding them up while traveling? That may help you keep up-to-date.

Victoria, Canada
4. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

I agree with Edgar, Gracie-boo. It's easy to be sassy when it's not your problem. I'm noticing that you live in the US, so the online statements are available to you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
5. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Alaska Airlines aren't the issuing bank and don't control the credit card or handle customer service problems. Your beef is with BOA, they're the ones preventing you from accessing your accounts not AS so contact them instead.

Victoria, Canada
6. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Thanks, OP2002. I will contact them.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
7. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

It would be easy enough to contact both the airline and B of A. AS may simply tell you it was the bank's decision. Maybe AS should have put out a notice, at least on their Web site, but rules for the card, except for the awarding of miles based on expenditures, is up to the issuing bank. I had a card from AS, and when I eventually canceled it, I contacted the bank, not the airline.

Edited: 2:27 pm, April 10, 2013
Victoria, Canada
8. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

Contacted the bank today. The lady was lovely and said that they have received LOTS of complaints. It's because of the transition from TD bank to BoACanada, she said. She had a little form that she filled out. So many of us have complained, they've created a form! If it doesn't change before our annual fee is due again, we're cancelling our card. Too bad.

Vernon, Canada
reviews: 2
9. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

This is a diificult way in todays way of paying bills and does not make it easy for your clients.

Kelowna, British...
reviews: 18
10. Re: Alaska Airlines BofA Canada Mastercard

I like Alaska Airlines and I have used their Mastercard through the association of MBNA and Alaska but since the change involving B of A their inability to allow on line access to check balances and charges it has become a burden.

Yes you can telephone to get balances but try doing that from Dominical De Osa on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Good luck!.

In today's world with the technology available to banks and financial institutes it is a disgrace that they have not corrected the situation. I, too, like many others will not renew my Alaska Airlines Mastercard.

Michael Henderson. Kelowna BC.