We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

Sacramento...
reviews: 11
Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

We are flying to Palermo on March 15,returning March 30-th.

I'd appreciate any advice how to find the best flight and deal.

So far the price is very high and connections are very bad.

Thank you.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

Try http://www.skyscanner.net/ or http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

"So far the price is very high and connections are very bad."

You might think the price is very high but difficult to comment without details of the price you are seeing although you will obviously pay a premium for travel at a peak period.

Again difficult to pass comment on connections without more details but I suspect you will need at least 1 if not 2 connecting flights.

London, United...
3. Re: Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

Do you have to fly into Palermo ?

If Catania was an option then you could fly San Francisco-Munich-Catania, which IMO is certainly the easiest California/Sicily air routing. But it depends if Catania is an acceptable alternative for you

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 17
4. Re: Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

First, drive to San Francisco, flying from Sacramento adds a lot to the travel time or the ticket price or both.

The quickest connection from San Francisco to Sicily is Lufthansa/United though Munich or Frankfurt to Catania as pointed out by SURREYCELT, but tickets are expensive, around 4500$ RT. Several airlines offer two-stop connections from around 1200$, the inconvenience is that most of them involve return trips with an overnight stop at an airport in Europe and take a total of 30+hrs.

Only you can decide what is a good balance between reasonable travel time and reasonable price.

Sacramento...
5. Re: Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

Thanks to everyone!!

Tomc97: "High" i mean $1600; "bad connection" 10-20 hours of waiting in Munich, Amsterdam or Rome.:) It's not a problem to have stops, but I feel bad about staying for 10 or more hours.

I was wondering if it's possible to search "mulch city":

Sacramento-...-...-Palermo?

We can't fly to Catania because we are meeting our friends in Palermo.

Thank again.

6. Re: Flight from Sacramento to Palermo on Easter 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 16, 2013