We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair's hidden 7% fee

Kotka, Finland
reviews: 21
Ryanair's hidden 7% fee

I was surprised to find out that Ryanair has started to invoice EUR- priced flights in GBP.

Actually, this is not a big deal, but I found it important to publish this.

I bought tickets from Finland to Hungary; 47,98 €, total cost from my credit-card (prepaid Mastercard) was 51,38€. That was 7,1% more than I was agreed to pay.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Ryanair's hidden 7% fee

Was this with a Euro-currency card? They've always converted the price to the currency of the card you're using (at a very poor rate). You can choose not to accept the conversion though.

Kotka, Finland
reviews: 21
2. Re: Ryanair's hidden 7% fee

Yes, this was with the same euro-currency card which I had used since I became as Ryanairs client in May 2012.

I did check that all earlier payments were made in EUR. First time this occurred last week, when I had to buy new tickets in Spain because of 14N.

In september, with the very same card I was invoiced in euros just the amount what the flight was announced to cost.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
3. Re: Ryanair's hidden 7% fee

Why am I not surprised.

4. Re: Ryanair's hidden 7% fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 16, 2013