We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeroflot

Columbia, Maryland
Aeroflot

I can book a really cheap flight from Madrid to D.C. with a stop in Moscow on Aeroflot. Can anyone comment on this airline? I'm a little concerned about Moscow.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
1. Re: Aeroflot

I would check out the reviews on the airline quality website.

www.airlinequality.com

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
2. Re: Aeroflot

I would have no hesitation using Aeroflot on international routes, but Madrid to Moscow to DC? It would take twice as long.

No problem transiting Moscow.....which site are you using to buy the tickets?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: Aeroflot

Internationally, the quality is comparable with most other options. Domestically... well that can be a different story, but still better than many other options.

4. Re: Aeroflot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, November 19, 2012
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
5. Re: Aeroflot

Aeroflot have never crashed a plane to what one might call a western destination....and they don't fly Junkers any more:)

Madrid
reviews: 6
6. Re: Aeroflot

Aeroflot have never crashed a plane to what one might call a western destination....and they don't fly Junkers any more:)

Did you mean Tupolevs or Illyushins?They have an all western fleet for international flights,the safety record and service are ok.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: Aeroflot

@ Tilly41,

Well, I suppose if you don't want to count Bogor, West Java as a 'Western destination', that would be true. But that crash involving a brand new Sukhoi Superjet 100 which crashed into a mountainside on a demo flight killing everyone on board doesn't exactly instil me with confidence knowing that Aeroflot pilots only choose to kill everyone else in Russian airspace.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
8. Re: Aeroflot

I don't believe that was an Aeroflot flight, not commercial, just a demo by the manufacturer.....I suppose in your opinion let's not fly AF because they killed everyone on board on their last Concorde and the flight from Rio.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
9. Re: Aeroflot

Tilly41 is correct, that was a demonstration flight for the Sukhoi 100.

Aeroflot have 777s and other aircraft and have cheap fares too

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 22
10. Re: Aeroflot

We flew Aeroflot domestically in 2008. Excellent service, hot meals and courteous treatment. We flew between Moscow. St. Pete and Novosibirsk.