We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Middle name issue in indigo international flight

New Delhi, India
Middle name issue in indigo international flight

I am traveling to Bangkok via Indigo flight, while booking flight tickets I forgot to write my wife's middle name(which is her father's first name) in traveler info.

Is middle name mandatory, will it create any issue while traveling?

I have searched on net and found out some trip advisor forum question as well regarding the same issue, but those were for some other carrier and not Indigo. So wanted to be sure about Indigo, if anyone have first hand experience.

Name change on ticket is not allowed and cancellation and re booking will cost me at least 5000 INR :(.

Please help.

17 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

Is middle name mandatory, will it create any issue while traveling?

======

No and no. Can't see why it woudl be any different with Indigo but never flown (or heard of them).

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
2. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

"Is middle name mandatory, will it create any issue while traveling?"

In my experience middle names on tickets are not mandatory as long as the first/last name on the ticket exactly match those on the passport.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

This is a non issue.

UK
reviews: 88
4. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

Thinking about it, if it was mandatory, surely they would make more of a fuss about collecting it at booking time, because no other airline I am aware of wants it so they woudl be very unusual and run into lots of problems with people not used to putting it in..

New Delhi, India
5. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

Indigo is an India based International carried.

Also, In Indian passport, we have Name as :

Given Name: Which has first and middle name in my case

Surname: Last name

New Delhi, India
6. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

Also, The website only asks about first name and last name. Whereas, when I talked to their customer care, they said that you may not be allowed to board the flight.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
7. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

Middle name is required on airlines transitting or going to the US, but they usually allow us to put it in an OSI or SSR if we didn't put it in (I would ask if it can be added in one of those forms, OSI or SSR). Airlines going to or through the US have a place for the middle name and it must be there if it is on the passport. NO idea though about this airline.

South Pole
reviews: 39
8. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

"Middle name is required on airlines transitting or going to the US"

dont think that is quite accurate.

middle name (or initial) is optional on UA bookings.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
9. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

Sorry, from Canada we are required to enter it in the SSR fields if it is in their passport and we can't ticket without this information. This is ticketing in the GDS on our ticketing plates, not on the web.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 31
10. Re: Middle name issue in indigo international flight

as long as the passport number is mentioned in travel document under the ticket, such minor things are ignored !!

on the counter if the same is asked, you have to say that you have filled right, but the site does not accept "space" in names so the result is in front of you :)

enjoy

Reply to: Middle name issue in indigo international flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted