We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

Crawley, United...
reviews: 10
No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

My wife and I travelled Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy from San Francisco to London on 4 November. Amazed to find they do not serve pre dinner drinks on long haul. So if you like a nice G & T or something as you set off on a long haul flight, forget Virgin, book another airline!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

The lack of a pre dinner drink is not a reason that I would use for determining which airline to fly - I'm more interested in cost/route.

Surrey England
reviews: 61
2. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

But surely if you are paying a premium fare you expect a few little extras.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

According to Virgin's website you do get a drink before dinner.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

A lack of a pre dinner drink is hardly a deal breaker when it comes to choosing an airline.

5. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, November 07, 2012
6. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, November 07, 2012
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
7. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

Perhaps they just offer wine for free and not all alcohol??

In any case that would not be my criteria for choosing an airline!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
8. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

I've been on various flights with the bar cart coming around shortly before the dinner, and others where the dinner was served and then the bar cart came around a bit later. This has been on various airlines over the years.

Can't see where it would be a big deal one way or the other, but I guess it is to the OP, who should choose another airline carefully if this is an issue.

Plano TX
reviews: 56
9. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

Is there a rule about about what you're you allowed to sign up and post? Sorry, but I am new to this site as well and notice these type of remarks quite often. It makes one almost afraid to post at all!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 52
10. Re: No Pre Dinner Drinks on Virgin Atlantic

Seems unusual but why not ring the bell and request a drink?