We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Brisbane, Australia
Ryanair

Ryanair lacks ethics and does NOT follow its Charter.

After booking a flight from Barcelona to Rome, I received a booking conformation with my correct details but when I printed the boarding pass my surname was the same as my first name. To resolve this I arrived at the airport early but Lesma Handling Group, Ryanair’s representative, refused to help, claiming they could not do anything and my only option was to purchase a new ticket, (only 6x more expensive) extortion! Alternatively I could go to Terminal 1 and book another ticket “online” at a reduced amount. This option was not misleading as Ryanair DO NOT allow online bookings within 6 hours of the intended flight. Back at Lesma, I purchased another ticket, then proceeded to wait an hour until the check in opened (as my original flight had departed) then waited another 2 hours for boarding only to be told I could NOT take this flight as my boarding pass (with correct details) was for the previous flight. (I had been told earlier that they could NOT print a correct boarding pass) After much confusion and dialogue I boarded this flight and was advised that my luggage was sent to Brussles. It arrived 5 days later.

A letter of complaint to Ryanair was answered with a standard letter advising they could and would not do anything about it. No refund of the second ticket (even though it was their computer malfunction). I am totally disgusted and disillusioned with this company. So please be vigilant.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Ryanair

Did you bring a printout of your original confirmation email showing that your name was correct to the airport along with the boarding pass?

These issues are always best resolved by phone before travel. As expensive as the phone calls are, it's a lot cheaper than paying 6x the original fare.

australia
reviews: 17
2. Re: Ryanair

Don't leave it at one try....write again with all copies of the original paperwork and demand they refund you the cost of the new ticket you were forced to buy due to THEIR computer error and send a copy to the Office of Fair Trading also.

Don't give in that is what they hang out for.

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: Ryanair

"These issues are always best resolved by phone before travel. "

I thought once the boarding pass was printed the booking couldn't be altered

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Ryanair

Details of the booking (like adding bags) can't be altered but clearly if there is an issue such as this it needs to be resolved, and the airport on the day of travel is not the place to do it.

Edited: 4:48 am, November 03, 2012
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Ryanair

Hi

Did you make the correct booking yourself or did you use a third party, such as a Travel Agent?

Jackie

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: Ryanair

Well that may be ok if you are a local but for a traveller with limited connectivity it's an issue. Here in Australia the airlines still provide some customer service. Ryanair's customer service is questionable. It will NOT be getting my patronage.

London
reviews: 26
7. Re: Ryanair

You've hit the nail on the head. Ryanair does not provide customer service in the way other airlines do. Reading forums ahead of time would have alerted you to this.

(I am not defending them, I refuse to use them, but the lack of customer service is very public knowledge).

I know how frustrating this is, but you may wish to just chalk it up to experience. Ryanair will go out of their way to not refund you. That's wrong, but for your own sanity, I'd drop it now.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Ryanair

Hi John

Did you book direct with Ryanair or through an Agent who took your details and then Inputted them onto the Ryanair site. So that they could keep the full details of cost to themselves, because it seems to me that the mistake happened then.

You then would be given a copy of the TA's travel arrangements while she made a pigs ear of the important one.

Only guessing

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Ryanair

"Did you book direct with Ryanair or through an Agent who took your details and then Inputted them onto the Ryanair site."

That question popped into my head as soon as I read the first post. Or it could be the that the OP typed in the wrong name himself when checking in.

Edit: On second thought, do you even have to type in your name when checking in? If not, it seems the fault would have to be with Ryanair.

Edited: 6:07 am, November 03, 2012
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
10. Re: Ryanair

Computers hardly ever malfunction. Computer operators are known to malfunction at regular intervals.