We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alitalia Airlines

Alitalia Airlines

I'm planning a trip to Italy in a few months and have never flown Alitalia. Does anyone have any comments/reviews. Thanks.

Donna

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Where are you flying from?

2. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Flying from Miami, FL

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
3. Re: Alitalia Airlines

See following

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/alit.htm

4. Re: Alitalia Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, November 08, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
5. Re: Alitalia Airlines

No. I just say no.

I've flown them many times hoping that I'd just been unlucky, but no. Even if I had to connect twice it would be preferable to me than to suffer the indignity of another flight on Alitalia.

California
6. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Hi Donna,

Did you ever end up using Alitalia? I'm also thinking about booking a non stop flight to Rome with them out of Miami, FL in May 2013. I would love your thoughts on the trip before I book mine.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
7. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Flown many times with AZ (short haul): no problem.

Only piece of advice: if you are missing a connection and sent to a hotel for the night, do check where it is located. Last time it happened to me in MXP, the hotel was more than 1/2 hour away from the airport. So I declined and went to the very nearby Crown Plaza. And AZ eventually reimbursed me for the hotel cost.

Rome, Italy
8. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Are you particular about service? If yes that might be a problem. Alitalia's glory days are long gone. Short flight between european cities are still ok but long haul, better not. Italy has many great things, airline is not one of them. Enjoy your trip to Italy!

Edited: 4:54 pm, December 05, 2012
California
9. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Hi TinyFootSteps,

What do you mean by "particular about service?" The problem I'm having is Alitalia is the only airline to fly non stop from Miami, FL to Rome.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Rome, Italy
10. Re: Alitalia Airlines

Jennifer, looks like you don't have much choice then. I would say Alitalia gives about the same standard of services provided by most American airlines and that compared to of Emirates, SQ, MH or other far-eastern airlines is the scale I was trying to use. May be I was a bit too hard on them (well, after all it is Italian's flag carrier) and was trying to compare an apple to an orange. Good Luck and buon viaggio!