We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

melbourne
reviews: 59
Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

Hi all

wondeirng if any of you aussies travelling to the states next year have recently purchased flights and if so, if you would like to share your travel times and flights and costs?

We travel each year with either V or qantas, only on direct flights, and always in April, usually pay around $1350-1450 each return

Been looking for the same dates next year and its currently almost double that!! Admittedly, we havent usually booked until just prior to xmas, so I am hoping the rates drop a lot by then!!

Please share your thoughts and opionions on this with me!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
1. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

Have a look at Best Flights ...

www.bestlfights.com.au

Sign up for their newsletters ... they have some very good specials and send out a newsletter every week.

April 1 is the start of the new fares ... but there have been some really good early bird specials advertised lately.

melbourne
2. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

hi eagle

thanks I will look at that as suggested

Do you mean fare increases from April 1?

We have never ever paid this much for fares so trying to figure out what to do, hold off closer till xmas when I have previously bought and hope to get some reduced prices?

South Pole
reviews: 38
3. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

over $2k?

that is high.

i would have thought around $1500 would be the norm.

i would wait.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
4. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

I've been watching prices MEL-LAX for April 2013 for a little while and it is high. March or May are fine, anywhere between April 1 and April 30 are plus ~$1000.

melbourne
5. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

$1500 i can live with...yes they are the highest we have ever seen them

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
6. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

There's been a significant price drop on MEL-LAX for early April. Under $1500 if you don't mind going through China or ~$1750 on the more direct route.

South Pole
7. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

up until end march and then from lateish april to mid june BF have VA flights for $1130

bestflights.com.au/cheap-flights/…114962

Edited: 8:08 pm, November 11, 2012
South Pole
8. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

in fact it seems that all airlines flying direct to the usa have that 'first 3 weeks of april cheap fare blackout"

australian school holidays tagged onto easter i suppose.

qantas and united match the virgin (delta) offer for the dates given in post 7.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
9. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

Unfortunately our son is in Year 12 next year and I'm told he can't miss a single day of school next year. Not that I agree but I'm doing as I'm told and that pins us down to school holidays this time.

All the same even the early April prices are down $700 from where they had been until last week so $1750 sounds okay.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 43
10. Re: Best deals to LAX from melb...early April 2013?? Seems high

I have trouble with the bestflights, website. It is listed but I can`t find anything close to $1200 out of Melbourne. Guess I should give them a ring. .$1500 up is all I can find for the very end of March returning mid June.

I think you just have to have the exact right but unknown combination of dates to get those prices.

Have also been puzzled by early April. Apart from following Easter the dates seem pretty ordinary.