We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

benfleet
reviews: 8
Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

We are flying to Los Angeles sometime next year and want to go ANZ in the new Space seats which look to be better than the Virgin PE seats . Cheapest currently is up to June . Is it likely that July, August or September will get cheaper in a month or two? Or is that it ?

Thanks

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

if we all knew when the cheapest time to fly was we would all wait until then.

but no one knows.

benfleet
2. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

Yep, so true. But I was wondering if any more frequent flyers knew if there was a system of prices set up for a certain time period before the flights. For instance , with only 1 month to go they may always drop the prices a little ?? I understand its always a gamble . Whenever you go easyjet or Ryanair you sit next to someone who got it cheaper !

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
3. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

There's not many airlines who would drop fares significantly that close to the departure date. Once you get to within about 6-8 weeks then there is very little chance of fares going down or any cheaper fare buckets being made available.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 30
4. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

Of course, with July and August being peak school holiday times, air fares to anywhere from the UK always rocket.

We fly to either LAX or SFO most summers and usually try to get booked at the end of June, before silly season begins in earnest :)

benfleet
5. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

We are looking at PE seats and for June they are pretty good price at just over £1000 ,but after that go up about £400 each then up again for September to £2650. Makes a huge difference to whether and when you go .

hampshire
reviews: 112
6. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

having done this flight many times, I have found the earlier booking the better with the prces seeming to be their best between Feb-March. I have checked the prices of my flights before I travel in July/August and they have always gone up by at least £200 after April. Nearer the date, they get more expensive. Gone are the days of last-minute bargains!

benfleet
7. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

Thanks for that info. I have noticed they have bottomed out now with the best prices up to 18th August ( £1372) which I would go with but the friends we were going with for joint 50th birthdays have pulled out :-( .

So not sure what to do now !!!

We will see , and I will keep an eye on the prices .

Thanks

8. Re: Best time to buy flights to Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 25, 2013