We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edream sucks !!!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Edream sucks !!!

I have bought two tickets from eDreams, they blocked the money but

supposedly they couldn't withdrawn money from the visa credit card. I called them milion times, try to get someone who would explain where is the problem. I also checked with my personal bank accountant to see if by any change they made a mistake and everything was fine on their side. Anyhow this company is the WORST I have ever had contact with, no one who could explain, everyone is just saying card is reject like idiots .... Don't use this edreams, Expedia is far better and profesional....

85 replies to this topic
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
1. Re: Edream sucks !!!

Pity you didn't join TA before you tried to book through e-dreams, you would have read hundreds of similar tales and doubtless would have looked elsewhere for your tickets.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 171
2. Re: Edream sucks !!!

You're not telling us anything new here. It's a shame you didn't check on the businesses you send your money to before you send it.

Enter a search for edreams, read the complaints, and consider your experience a beginners fee.

3. Re: Edream sucks !!!

EDreams lies : AVOID THEM !!!

same old story I fear, when reading you. Booked a ticket. Received email confirmation. Then next day, email from edreams saying my card was rejected and they now have to rebook at company's revised price which happens to be 352€ more.... Called Amex who say edreams have presented cost, been accepted then retrieved cost themselves the same day. Why ? To be able to charge me around 8% more on the tickets.

Called them, they have no explanation, no supervisor who can speak to you, no apology. And they never responded to my emails.

I promised them TripAdvisor, here we go !

australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: Edream sucks !!!

Easy answer:

Cancel the booking and send the email to AMEX and request a chargeback on the supposed rejected payment.

EDreams lose everything then

UK
reviews: 81
5. Re: Edream sucks !!!

Eloise, had you bothered to read their terms and conditions before handing over your money to the cheapest outfit you could find with no research, you'd have read that they first take your booking >>but that doesn't mean your flight is confirmed<< and then they send you a second message saying either that its not confirmed with a new price, or it is confirmed at the original price.

Now it looks to me as if they are using the false reason that your card was rejected as a scammy lie so they can say the price went up in the meantime, but I think its far more likely that the price was never available in the first place.

So, what you can do?

Part 1

get the credit card charge reversed via your credit card company (I hope to goodness you didn't accept the second new higher price*?). Dont bother dealing with eDreams, just do it via your credit card company.

Part 2.

In future book with airlines direct.

There are very very few genuine deals on flights through third parties, often these companies turn out to be MORE expensive than booking direct. They LOOK cheaper but once you get through to the final page and then find the price hiked, you'd have been better off booking with the airline.

* If you did, you are stuck with it, do not cancel the flight, you'll lose money AND flight.

Lisbon
6. Re: Edream sucks !!!

Similar story happens to me. They didn't refund me my money following a cancelled flight! I had to purchase another ticket (Obviously with another company) and still don't have MY MONEY THAT E-DREAMS STOLE FROM ME!

any ideas on how to make them give me my money back?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
7. Re: Edream sucks !!!

If it's not too late, you can ask your creditcard provider for help.

australia
reviews: 17
8. Re: Edream sucks !!!

They didn't refund me my money following a cancelled flight!

If this was an EU flight complain to the National Enforcement Body making them aware of E-Dreams practices. that might get E-dreams moving

europa.eu/youreurope/…index_en.htm

9. Re: Edream sucks !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, December 14, 2012

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Edream sucks !!!

Where is the police and goverment agenies to protect us, how on earth a scam artist company can be in buisness for so long on the internet???

Reply to: Edream sucks !!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted