We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 4
Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

Hi, just looking at booking a flight from Luton to Paris for 2 adults and 2 children. If I choose not to pay extra for a numbered seat and instead go for the "random" allocation when checking in, how does it work? Will they reserve 2 sets of 2 seats making sure there is an adult with each child? Also, will they fill the aircraft from the front backwards, or the other way round? One last question, is there no way you can negotiate a seat allocation from what's left when checking in at the desk?

133 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
1. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

Have you looked at Easyjet website?

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5575

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

Yes I have thanks, but it doesn't answer my actual questions. Thanks for your time anyway.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
3. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

"Once you have checked-in and your seat has been allocated it cannot be changed, other than for operational reasons. "

"If I check-in at the airport can I select a seat from what is available?

No, all seats will be allocated before you get to the airport and can only be changed for operational reasons. "

"How do I select the right seats for my family?

It’s important that we know if you have children in your booking in order to make sure they get an appropriate seat and are seated with you. When you make your booking for your family, please make sure you clearly identify any children in the booking. Just add the number of children in your party in the ‘Children < 16’ section on the easyJet home page. "

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

Just flew easyjet with a 3 year old and a 5 year old....the kids were put in seats not next to my wife or myself...seriously...ages 3 and 5.....they refused to do anything about it at check in despite my wasting 20 minutes arguing. I am a gold flyer on BA and once every so often I fly discount airlines...then I remember why I should never do so!!!

Kent
reviews: 43
5. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

think your be best paying £3 to book your seats as you have kids, alot cheaper than some airlines

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
6. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

#4: you first wanted to save money by flying a discount airline and then wanted to save more by not paying in advance for numbered seats, and you're surprised and upset at what happened, just assuming that they'd rearrange their seating to accommodate you? You didn't think this might happen? You will now stop flying discount airlines, even if it costs you money? Not sure why you didn't do this before, but at least you learned your priorities. Good for you.

Edited: 3:54 pm, May 01, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
7. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

If you book early enough then I would imagine you would get seats together. Anyway I can't see that with 2 adults how the children would not be supervised unless they put you all in different rows which I would imagine unlikely.

If you are that worried then pay the £6 each and stop being such a skinflint

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 58
8. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

>>>they refused to do anything about it at check in despite my wasting 20 minutes arguing. I am a gold flyer on BA...<<<

I feel your whole situation could have been avoided much earlier, had you simply handled your reservation properly, or simply paid for the allocation. That 20 minutes is someone else missing out on service, and I'm not sure how your status with BA impacts this.

OP, my vote also is for you pay for your seat allocation. In the scheme of things, is it that much extra on top of your holidays? And what monetary value do you put on the stress and worry if you don't and chance it on boarding?

9. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, May 01, 2013

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 23
10. Re: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?

#4 - If your kids had been put seated together and the 2 adults seated together, it really isnt difficult to realise 1 adult sits next to 1 child and the same goes for the other.........

Reply to: Easyjet, how do they allocate the free seats?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted