We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concorde room terminal 5

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
Concorde room terminal 5

I'm flying first class to Washington in December with BA. This is my first time flying first and was just wondering about the dining options. If I dine in the Concorde room can I still enjoy onboard dining too? I'm assuming I can but just double checking. Also, is there a limit to the length of time you can stay in the lounge or can you stay as long as you like?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

You may dine in the Concorde Room, in the Galleries First lounge and in the (standard) Galleries lounge as well. You may also visit Galleries North (although it's busy at times), and because your flight will very likely depart from a gate at the B or C satellite terminal, you may visit the Galleries at T5B. No lounge at the C satellite though.

Pax in First may check in at any time on the day of departure, and may stay in the lounges as long as they wish. Ultimately, the lounges are very nice waiting rooms, the appeal isn't such that I would want to spend a day in one.

Have a word with YouFirst - 0800 408 7667 - if you have any questions about the First experience. If you arrive very early you can try to book a treatment at the Elemis Spa; I've not bothered but some quite like a bit of a treat.

First check in at T5 is at the south end of the terminal buildng, and there should be an operational Fast Track Security line for F and J pax. Rather than make the slog through the terminal building for Galleries First (and thence to the Concorde Room), look to the right after you pass through Security. You'll see an unmarked door and a staff member sitting at a podium next to it - that's the quick way through to the South lounge complex.

If you plan to fly in F on the return from IAD and will arrive at LHR before noon, consider skipping breakfast on board and having something to eat at the Arrivals lounge. I think the breakfast there is better than on board; haven't used the Concorde Breakfast Room as I prefer the buffet, but table service is available in the Arrivals lounge if you want the full F experience.

Glasgow, United...
2. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

Thanks traveller plus, thought I'd post here first before using youfirst. I know that I can use all the lounges but to be honest don't plan in leaving the Concorde room as I believe it to be far superior to the rest. With regards to the dining options I take it you can still dine onboard if you have already eaten in the Concorde room?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
3. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

You're welcome.

Yes, you main dine where you wish and as often as you wish.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
4. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

BA don't monitor in lounge dining so you're free to eat as much as you like on the ground as in the air in F.

uk
reviews: 210
5. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

Advice as above, we were there in April and once you're in, you can eat/drink as you wish. They don't record your name or anything, just show your pass to the people at the desk when you enter, and you're then free to wander/do as you wish.

There's a bag/coat check which is handy if you want to pop out to any of the shops without carrying hand luggage.

Also, make sure you notice that the Concorde Lounge has its own entrance immediately to the right as you go through security at T5 - saves having to go downstairs and then back up again. Just show the person at the outside desk your boarding pass and you're in.

Edited: 3:38 am, October 07, 2012
Madrid
reviews: 7
6. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

You may eat in the dining section of the concorde room,then move to the bar and order another full meal from the menu,then go onboard and eat a meal again if you are able.

Flying to Dulles last december my 12 year old son managed to eat so many cakes after all the other food he was a little ill from over indulgence.Didn't last long though.

Glasgow, United...
7. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

Cheers guys hopefully I'll get the new cabin too

surrey
reviews: 25
8. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

You should allow at least 3 hours at the airport to 'enjoy' the benefits of the CCR in full. You can book a Cabana through You First at any time after you book and a spa treatment up to 30 days before you fly - thanks for reminding me - I've just booked mine for a week and a bit's time : ).

If you're arriving at T5 by car/taxi ask the driver to go all the way along to the last entrance to the terminal then check in at the First Desk - especially if it's your first time. When you go though security, as has been advised, turn to the right and you will see a large white door - that's the entrance to the CCR. You can invite a guest into the CCR each if you're travelling in First. They don't have to be on the same flight as you and it doesn't matter what class they're in.

Once you're in have a wander around to see where you like the look of best - we like the Terrace - overlooking the planes and the terminal but we usually sit inside for half the time - especially to eat. We normally have a quick meal in one of the booths not long after we arrive so as not to spoil our appetites too much for the meal on board. Don't forget you can eat on board at the time of your choosing.

The First lounge is also very nice and you should definitely take a wander over there to have a look around - different food offerings also. There are telephones in there that you can use to call anywhere in the UK for free (possibly also the US). In the cabanas there are VOIP (phones that work over the internet) phones so if you need to check up on your reservations at your destination you could call from there for free.

Enjoy your trip - old First is OK too.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
9. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

If you're arriving at T5 by car/taxi ask the driver to go all the way along to the last entrance to the terminal then check in at the First Desk - especially if it's your first time

----------

Apparently BA have introduced a porter service this last week or so. There are hosts/porters to assist F.passemgers from kerb to check-in and on to security.

I've not yet had a chance to try it but hope to in a few weeks. If you beat me to it please report!:)

surrey
reviews: 25
10. Re: Concorde room terminal 5

I might beat you to it OP - I'll report back.