We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Economy Comfort ?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 242
Delta Economy Comfort ?

I am looking to book a Delta seat from Minnesota to Amsterdam.

Delta for a fee has Economy Comfort Seats , Are they worth the extra money?

I am travel on KLM - Economy Comfort and was very happy I went that seating route.

38 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

There is a search box above your post. Go to it and type in "Delta Economy Comfort" and you will pull up extensive discussions about this that should answer any question you may have.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
2. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

I flew Delta RIC-ATL-LHR and return in May. I booked EC for the trip ATL-LHR, because it was an overnight flight, and for me, it was worth it. And I'm short and don't drink other than wine when I fly. Not a huge amount of additional space, but that little bit of extra roominess was worth it for me. Did not fly in EC on the way back, as it was a daytime flight, and I was fine with that too.

Edited: 11:27 am, October 05, 2012
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
3. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

How much extra are they asking?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
4. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

It varies based on aircraft. There is a huge thread in the Delta forum over at flyertalk that outlines each aircraft configuration.

I was lucky enough to be given an EC seat on a CRJ-900 for free yesterday. I had been assigned a window and asked nicely at the gate if they had any aisle seats (my shoulders do not like CRJ window seats). It had maybe 2-3 extra inches of legroom. Otherwise it is the exact same seat. Mexico to US also doe not include free alcohol like US to Europe does. I'm not sure what the cost would have been, but it was nice for a 3.5 hour CRJ flight.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
5. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

The cost for me was $60.00 for both KLM flights from Toronto to Amsterdam and back.

St. Paul, MN, US
reviews: 72
6. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

I called Delta recently and was quoted $99 for EC on a flight from Minneapolis to Amsterdam in late January. They quoted $79 for EC on a flight from London to Minneapolis in early February. I haven't flown in EC but did notice the legroom looks much better on several different aircraft I've been on since it was installed.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
7. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

I went in 2011, from Toronto to Amsterdam. It was worth the money.

Los Angeles...
8. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

I paid an extra 80 dollars for economy comfort on a flight from Atlanta to Los Angeles. Personally, I didn't feel it was worth the extra charge. The seats were still about the same comfort level as economy. I still received only peanuts, and I still had to pay to use the TV/Video screens (which I found annoying since my economy flight from Los Angeles to Atlanta was free)

There may be a chance that you won't have someone seated next to you because of the additional price. But if a flight is already full, I don't see the upgrade worth the charge on Delta Airlines.

As for myself, I am a nervous flyer, and comfort and distractions is very important while flying. I expected more for the price.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
9. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

Thanks for your response,

atlanta
reviews: 24
10. Re: Delta Economy Comfort ?

The Free drinks etc don't apply to the domestic flights and I agree it would not be worth $80 from Atlanta to LA

I would probably pay for it for an overnight international however.

Reply to: Delta Economy Comfort ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted