We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connection flight at amsterdam ... help

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 1
connection flight at amsterdam ... help

hi, ive never taken a connection flight before and just needed to ask a few questions about how it works.

i booked a flight i saw on skyscanner, through omega travel. i fly from humberside - amsterdam (klm) , then i have 2 hours before i fly amsterdam - bangkok (china airlines).

so now with the questions, it might sound abit dumb but do i have to pick up my luggage when i arrive at amsterdam , then check in with china airlines? if thats how it works were do i go after i pick up my bag from the belt, i know thats a big airport!

also i thought you must check in 2 hours before flight but im assuming after collecting my luggage it would be like 1 hour before my flight to bangkok.

i hope someone can help me out and clear things up!

chris.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: connection flight at amsterdam ... help

It depends. You bought through a third party so we have no idea what they did to your ticket. But as KLM and China Airlines are both members of the SkyTeam Alliance, you are likely on a single ticket and will say good-bye to your bag when you initially check in and you will see it again in Bangkok.

When you get off the plane in AMS, you will simply walk to your next gate. Be there in plenty of time as you will go through security at the gate before you get on the plane.

You should be able to look up your itinerary online to see that it is all booked as one ticket. When you check in, check in for both flights. Be sure your bag is tagged through to BKK.

Edited: 6:32 pm, September 29, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: connection flight at amsterdam ... help

Next time, research on skyscanner and other sites (skyscanner doesn't always give you all the flights nor does it always show the cheapest fares) and then book directly with the airlines.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: connection flight at amsterdam ... help

Hi ....I m going delhi to houston.my connected flight is from amstredam.my first flight delhi to amstredam will arrive on 8.30am on C terminal and my flight from amstredam to houstoon will take off 10.am on D terminal.nayone can suggest me...how will i move through c terminal to D.is it 1 hr is enought time for connecting flight for houston .

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 70
4. Re: connection flight at amsterdam ... help

You will not be arriving in C from Delhi, C pier is for Schengen area flights.

Which airlines are you flying? is it all on one ticket?

5. Re: connection flight at amsterdam ... help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 03, 2014