We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

CMI, IL
reviews: 24
Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

Hello

Can anyone give a review/opinion on Delta's 747-400S Economy Comfort? Are the seat reclining enough?

I am traveling ORD-TLV soon and would like to know if it worth the money.

Thanks

S.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
1. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

To me it's a no brainer to pay the very small additional fee. But keep in mind this is not business class. You get a bit more pitch (distance to seat in front) but no more recline. But it's a big advantage, I feel, over traditional coach. You're also in a better area of the aircraft. I buy it everytime on DL trans-oceanic flights.

I assume you know this but you'll connect in JFK to TLV.

Have a good trip.

CMI, IL
2. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

Thanks TumbleweedandCactus

I just book this flight and paid for EC, I choose seat 22A to TLV and 22K flying back. I hope I made the right choice with these seats. Usually I fly BIZ but I ran out of miles and the difference of $2700 is too much.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

I've not flown Delta since they introduced EC. But, assuming it's the same as United's Economy Plus (E+) then the extra 3-5" legroom is definitely worth it, especially for that long flight, especially the over the water leg.

Waverly, Iowa
4. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

How was the seat 22K? is there AVOD, if so, is it located in the armrest along with the tray?

Thanks!

CMI, IL
5. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

kaneluvs

I end up seating in 22A and not 22K. The seat is more comfortable then a regular Economy seat, more recline and since there is no seat in front of you, you have even more legroom. There are people that prefer 22C which make sence if you want to get up and not bother the person by you. The proximity to the bathroom didn't bother me. The AVOD in located in the armrest along with the tray, personally it didn't bother me.

On flight back I seat in 35C which is an Economy exit seat. It was pretty good but not enough recline.

I would like to hear from your experience.

Thanks

CMI, IL
6. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

kaneluvs

I end up seating in 22A and not 22K. The seat is more comfortable then a regular Economy seat, more recline and since there is no seat in front of you, you have even more legroom. There are people that prefer 22C which make sence if you want to get up and not bother the person by you. The proximity to the bathroom didn't bother me. The AVOD is located in the armrest along with the tray, personally it didn't bother me.

On flight back I seat in 35C which is an Economy exit seat. It was pretty good but not enough recline.

I would like to hear from your experience.

Thanks

Edited: 11:44 pm, February 22, 2013
Montreal, Canada
7. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

Hello,

did you know if the bulkhead go all in front of seat 22C (or 22H) ?

I like to extend my legs.

San Francisco...
8. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

How about a visit to SeatGuru.com?

CMI, IL
9. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

Jean p

As far as I remember there in no bulkhead in front of 22C. I seat on 22A and was able to extend my legs and still was enough room till the bulkhead.

10. Re: Delta 747-400S Economy Comfort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 01, 2014