We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Bali

Hong Kong
Travel to Bali

I am thinking of bali and intend to book a flight from www.flightcentre.com.hk, apparently they have a lowest airfare guarantee policy. Has anyone booked through them before? Can anyone propose any good places to visit in Bali?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: Travel to Bali

Hi,

I'd suggest you post the "Can anyone propose any good places to visit in Bali?" question directly into the Bali forums.. Lots of good information there..

Bali forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294226-i7220-Bali…

Travel Safe,

surrey
reviews: 25
2. Re: Travel to Bali

I haven't booked through Flight Centre HK but they are a reputable company so you should have no problems.

I agree with GOPBI's advice - the Bali forum has lots of good information. I find it one of the most informative and active on TA.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
3. Re: Travel to Bali

Bali forum has some excellent DEs too who helped me when I planned my trip. Some lovely places to visit and lots of information on Bali forum.

Lots of lovely scenic places and lots of culture.

We stayed at the Sanur Hyatt - a lovely hotel and a good area to stay.

Went with Malaysian Airlines - been with them before to Malaysia and great service.

Not booked with this company though, so sorry can't help you with that specific question.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 128
4. Re: Travel to Bali

I've looked at Flight Centre in the past but found better flight deals with either Trailfinders or Travelbag.

We flew to Bali with Singapore Airlines and had a stopover in Singapore for a couple of days - wished we'd gone straight to Bali, we had great holiday, plenty to see and do there.

I can recommend Singapore Airlines, we've been to Australia with them too.

Also second Bronia's remark that the DE's offer great advice, not just in Bali but everywhere.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
5. Re: Travel to Bali

It never hurts to check on the airlines websites the offers they have, if the difference is minimal, I'd go with them.

Always better to deal directly with the airline in case of a problem.

P.S. See you on the other side on the Bali Forum ;)

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
reviews: 72
6. Re: Travel to Bali

When I book a trip, I prefer to book my own flights with the airline, and the hotel directly. However, I had used Travelbag to book a trip to Thailand, and found them a good company, so booked a trip to Bali last year with them.

But... before I booked, I must haunted the Bali forum for ages, looking at hotel reviews and asking questions.

This meant that when I did book, I already identified which hotels and airline I wanted to use, and used them to make all the bookings. As it was then a package deal, I felt a bit more secure in case anything went wrong... which it didn't!

Travelbag came in cheaper than me booking independently, so much so, that I was able to book 2 nights in Ubud and 2 nights in Ahmed ( directly with the hotels), at an extremely good price, and used the Sanur hotel as a base.

Flights were with Malaysian Air, and were good flight times for me.

I booked transport to and from the airport to the main hotel based on the advice I was given by the DE's from the Bali forum.

I also hired a driver for 4 days, again based on the recommended drivers list in the Bali forum. It's a stunning island, and I'd recommend staying at a few different locations if you can. .

surrey
7. Re: Travel to Bali

As strauss917 is HK based and asking about Flightcentre there I don't think Trailfinders and Travelbag will be of much use as they don't have HK offices. Zuji is another good option. This website http://matrix.itasoftware.com is good for checking for the best fares but you can't book through it.

In addition the SCMP often has special offers - deals that include hotels.

UK
8. Re: Travel to Bali

Hello Everyone,

If anyone want travel to Bali then we should consult best travel agent or travel company. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
9. Re: Travel to Bali

Hey guys, I just booked my trip to bali through flight centre. I am based in HK as well so I get their e-newseltters and don't miss a bali package they were offering.

surrey
10. Re: Travel to Bali

Have a great trip - who are you flying with?