We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

Kendal, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

Has anyone out there had any recent dealings with Crystal Travel, and felt they are being fobbed off?

Made a telephone booking on Mon.10th Sept for flights to Auckland for 2, and up to now have not received my e- tickets.

Have made several calls and sent e-mails, last one made at 13.00 today, received a reply informing me - should get tickets today by 6 pm.

Starting to feel unnerved, any stories out there?

280 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
47,740 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

Booked by phone? That's very quaint, not to say dangerous, when the names are spelled wrong or the dates wrong, or your flights are to Auckland California, rather than the other one, how are you going to prove its their mistake and not yours?

Anyway, I guess we only need wait 3 hours to see what happens?

Did you pay by credit card? ... fingers crossed

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
161 reviews
2. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

I think if you've received a reply you should receive them it's when you don't get a reply that you should get worried.

Kendal, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

Thanks for replies, glad to say have just received tickets !

UK
Level Contributor
47,740 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

... and are you going to Auckland New Zealand or Auckland California ? :-)

Have a nice trip !

London, United...
1 post
5. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

I booked a return flight to Australia last Friday and the confirmation booking page said I would have receive my e-tickets after 48 hours. I'm still waiting. So I rang them and they said the return flight was full. I knew the price was too good to be true. They have offered me a return flight 3 days later which will arrive in LHE on a MOnday. I told them I am back to work in the Monday. They said the flight arrives at 0720hrs so I could make it to work straight from the airport. WHAT?!!??! After a 30 something hour flight.

Then they have offered me a less reputable airline which does not have entertainment, decent food (by all reports) nor a scary safety record. Because I do not want to fly on their alternatives I fear they will portray this as though I have cancelled and therefore will owe them the 100% cancellation fee.

I contacted the Dept of Fair Trading and they stated that the company has breached the contract when they didn't send the e-ticket after the 48 hours as promised.

I've now booked and nice expensive but safe flight through the BA website. I just should have done that in the first place.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

>>>>>Then they have offered me a less reputable airline which does not have entertainment, decent food (by all reports) nor a scary safety record.

What airline would that be? The majority of airlines that fly LHR to AUS are good

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

The place in California is Oakland.

Madrid
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

There is also an Auckland,near Fresno

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

thread has moved on refer post 5

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
171 reviews
10. Re: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1

"Then they have offered me a less reputable airline which does not have entertainment, decent food (by all reports) nor a scary safety record."

_____

I'm intrigued as to which (in your opinion) airline has a scary safety record who fly into Heathrow. Do tell.

Reply to: Crystal Travel, 38 Riding House Street, London W1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted