We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review Scoot Airline

Brisbane
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Review Scoot Airline

How do I start a review of Scoot Airline, I cant find a icon ?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,757 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Review Scoot Airline

You can post your review of the airline right here by starting a new thread.

Otherwise you may like to check here ---> http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/scoot.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Review Scoot Airline

We used them recently for a family holiday to the F1 then Bali. The flight was okay aswas the food. The main issue we had was that we paid $120 for the iPad in flight entertainment units on both legs of our trip. A week before we left they sent us an email saying the system wasn't working and offered us a non refundable credit for use on a future flight. Given we had already paid for food, blankets, extra legroom a credit ( not refund) was worthless.

I pointed out to them that this was a violation of NSW law and they said they would reply to an email in 5 days. I'm still waiting.

I also spoke to a manager named Daisy who also promised a response in 3 days. Still waiting.

It's extraordinary that they can take your cash for a service, not provide that service and still keep your cash.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,757 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Review Scoot Airline

@Gambler121

I am with you on this. I do hope you take it all the way through with the Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act in Australia. The law in Singapore is so weak as such that these airlines will take advantage of consumer.

It is just so wrong to charge you for something, not able to provide the service and simply brush off with a refund of the amount by way of credit shell that is valid for 6-mths.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,622 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Review Scoot Airline

I'm with you on this one too. I presume the $120 was for both of you both ways (so $30 for a one way rental).

This should be a cash refund for a service specifically paid for but not provided, not a "gesture of goodwill". I see this as analogous to someone purchasing Economy Plus, or paying a copay to waitlist for a miles upgrade on United or Delta. If you don't get the legroom seat or the upgrade, your extra payment is (automatically) refunded.

Also, bearing in mind Scoot has such a small operation it's not as though you'd be hopping on another flight next month to take advantage of the e-cert.

You may want to dispute the $120 charge with your credit card company or bank for goods not provided.

Edited: 10:47 pm, October 02, 2012
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
161 reviews
5. Re: Review Scoot Airline

I wouldn't accept a credit, it was their fault that the system wasn't working and you may never fly with them again so the credit would be worthless, let us know the outcome.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Review Scoot Airline

Thanks for the feedback.

I have lodged a complaint via NSW Fair Trading and am awaiting their response. I am currently on remote Lembongon Island so am out of phone contact but I will not let them get away with this.

Yes the$120 was for both legs of the trip.

Wollongong
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Review Scoot Airline

We had same problem on Syd to Sin flight but did not get any prior email saying IPads will not be supplied.

We flew ScootBiz promotional fare which was all inclusive so doubt we would get any compensation.

Noticed they still advertise use of supplied IPads until streaming to your own device is available, as long as you have required Gogo software downloaded.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,622 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Review Scoot Airline

Gambler,

Disputing the charge with your credit card or debit card company (assuming you used one of those) may be a better bet, and with a quicker outcome, than complaining to regulators.

Do point out to Scoot that you want the travel vouchers canceled as you have no intention of using them, as you want a cash refund for goods not provided.

Edited: 1:44 am, October 04, 2012
Townsville...
2 posts
9. Re: Review Scoot Airline

DON'T FLY SCOOT - My family (4 pax in total) recently travelled to Thailand on Scoot Airlines. At the time of booking, the provision of "rent-a-tablet" inflight entertainment was advertised at a cost of $17.00 per leg (total value $272.00 for our trip). We were advised shortly before travelling that this service was not available, and we would be provided with vouchers for use within 12 months. We requested a refund, but were advised this would not be provided.

I consider this as inappropriate business practice, as they were advertising a service that they clearly could not provide. If they cannot provide the service, I would expect that a refund should be given.

The likelihood of the majority of "average Joe" travellers being able to take advantage of vouchers for use within 12 months is limited. We, and many others like us, cannot afford second overseas holidays within 12 months, and so will lose the value of these vouchers. I consider that the airline has taken advantage of budget travellers, and has gained a huge profit from advertising this service, then not providing it to ANY travellers. The rent-a-tablet booking was made in August, and our flights were at the end of September/October. We were only advised the week before our flight that the service would not be available.

I will be posting my thoughts on every website I can so that Scoot change their poor business practices - I advise other travellers to do the same!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Review Scoot Airline

yes, that does not seem to be the way things should be,unhappy.

take it to a higher level within the organization and maybe contact the ACCC as well.

Edited: 6:16 am, October 10, 2012