We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Tipperary, Ireland
reviews: 40
Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Hi, I'll be in transit in terminal 3 for 9 hrs!! If you can help just a few questions.... Flying emirates economy you can get a free meal in the safar restaurant what's the food like? Where do you go to get the vouchers for the restaurant or do you just show up at the door?

To have a shower in the hotel you pay x amount is it worth it and is everything provided? To get a decent seat(if you can) where best to look in the terminal? Cheers in advance for any replies

21 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 234
1. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Have a read through this as all your questions (and more) will be answered.

If not join (FOC) and post.

flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
2. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

I can't answer your question about the food as we normally only transit for 3 hours so this is not provided by Emirates.

All I can say about the terminal is that it is extremely busy 24/7. When we've been there we've been lucky to get a seat. You may be better off paying for the use of a lounge.

San Francisco...
3. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

You need to show your onward boarding pass at the restuarant to get in. It is a buffet and food is very basic. What I remember from two years ago, were rice, curry, some chinese dish. Resturant is very busy and they do run out of food quickly. I think they close at 10pm.There is free showers in the terminal, you need to look for it.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 300
4. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Ray: 9 hours in Dubai: what don't you go downtown? In 15 minutes cab ride you'll be by the Dubai Mall, its fountains, cafes and the highest tower in the world...

Newton Abbot...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Agree with Swissdiver, you can get to downtown in no time either by cab or metro

New Delhi, India
reviews: 23
6. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Depending on the time of the layover, I agree with post #4 above.

Tipperary, Ireland
reviews: 40
7. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Hi all and thank you for replies, the layover is 12:30am till 9:30am so I think downtown will be out as everything closed.... We'll just have to grin and bare it and enjoy what terminal3 has to offer(not much) .....

Brisbane, Australia
8. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Are there "public" showers in Dubai Airport Terminal 3?

Auckland Region...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

I too have 4.5 hours at Dubai Terminal 3 between 5.30am - 10am on a Sunday morning. Would the Safar Restaurant be open? And what Terminal is this?

Would if I could get a free meal if I am hungry.

Also - yes.. anyone know anything about how to get a shower in Terminal 3? Are they free? Do you have to pay, if so - how much?

I am not interested in paying for full lounge service but don't mind paying for a shower if it doesn't cost a fortune! (I'm flying economy with my mother)

Brisbane, Australia
10. Re: Dubai airport terminal 3!!

Hi Ray C,

I went through Dubai T3 only a week ago and can strongly recommend the hotel's/health club's shower facilities! Everything is provided (towels, bath robe all shampoo's etc) and for approx. £10 it's worth the break from an otherwise very busy terminal. Alternatively, there are free showers near the Starbucks coffee shop, however nothing is provided and the privacy is far from the same provided in the health club.

Good luck.

Reply to: Dubai airport terminal 3!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted