We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

Cincinnati
reviews: 31
Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

I have been reading horror stories about Sunwing airlines (mostly for Europeon flights to Canada) but it's still the same airline.

We bought a vacation package to Cancun from Vacation Express who are now using Sunwing airlines flying from Cincinnati and I am getting more nervous the more I read about Sunwing.

Has anyone else used them from the US to Cancun (or elsewhere?) Did they leave on time? How are the seats? I heard they have very little leg room. What was the quality of the flight overall?

Thanks in advance,

Beechluver

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 91
1. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

I didn't even know we had Sunwing Airlines at CVG. They must have just started flying out of Cincinnati.

Cincinnati
2. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

Yes, they just started in May of 2012. They are a really inexpensive charter used by Vacation express.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
3. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

I have been on Sunwing many times and sold it many times. Of course this is from Canada (and always to Mexico) and I haven't encountered any flight delays, but I have had clients who have, but no more or less than any other charter airline in Canada. They also do have less room on their planes as do all other charters in Canada, but flying to Mexico on cheap airlines from here is what we've gotten used to I guess. You can upgrade to elite class on their planes and get more leg room if you like. I believe it is about $160 per direction per person, but this is all taking from what they have done from Canada. This is very new them flying out of the US, so I don't know specifically about that. I'm also not 100% sure it is Sunwing flying for Vacation Express or Vacation Express leasing their planes and having their own services. I would check into that.

Because when they fly from here you still get a free meal, their is pay liquor service, they don't have seatback TV's on any route I've been on.

Anyway, I"ve flown them, would fly them again and don't think they are better or worse than any other charter.

I;m sure you'll be fine:)

Cincinnati
4. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

Thanks, Maried11. I'm breathing at least a small sigh of relief. :-)

Do the flights at least have in flight entertainment, like movies?

Edmonton
reviews: 14
5. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

yes they do. On all the flights they have the TV's that come down from the roof every 2nd row.

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

My friend and I went to Punta Cana with Sunwing in February of this year. We flew out of Toronto and had a great time. Our flight left on time (both ways), and the staff was very pleasant. Movies were played both ways (can't remember which ones right now), and we were all given free headphones - a nice touch since I've always had to pay for them with other airlines.

We had no problems and would definitely fly with Sunwing again.

Hope this helps.

Cincinnati
7. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

Thanks, everyone! This really makes me feel much better about flying Sunwing. After reading all the negative reports with not one positive report I was really ready to bail but now I feel a bit more confident on my choice.

Well, actually it wasn't my first choice of airlines but it was the airlines that Vacation Express uses so I really had no choice.

It still saves me lots of unnecessary worry and concern. :-)

Cheers!

Beechluver

Dayton
8. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

I work with someone that just flew Sunwing out of Cvg to Punta Cana and they said the airline was great, no problems, good food, but they are strict with their carry on. I am flying out of Cvg with Sunwing in a couple of months so hopefully it will be a good flight. Also, Sunwing acquired Vacation Express last December.

Cincinnati
9. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

Thank you Susan. Can you tell me in what way were they strict with their carry on policy? Was it weight that was restricted or size or both?

Thank you,

Beechluver

10. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

This July my family and some friends of ours flew from Cincinnati to Cancun on a Sunwing chartered flight thru Vacation Express. I was nervous too after I read all of the reviews. However, it was the best flight and service I have ever had. The flight attendants were kind, food was great, plane was on time both ways, and plane was clean and seats were comfortable. I am getting ready to book w/ them again for another trip to Mexico because we enjoyed it so much. Good luck!