We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Darwen, United...
reviews: 1
Ryanair

How can people defend this company !!! We hae been robbed by this company of 240euros for 4 boarding passes !!!!!!!!! How can any one jusifiy charging this much money for a piece of paper !!!!!! Yes we went through OTB and I have complained to them but none of the staff over in Spain cared if me or my family got home !!!!!!!!! Yes I understand some people travel week in week out but if you only travel once a year and maybe use different airlines how are we suppose to know about all the issues !!!!! Ryanair should stop selling to agents - they must be aware !!!!!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Ryanair

Maybe you should read the terms and conditions next time when you book...

I understand Ryanair can be harsh at times, however it's a fantastic airline at what it does. Gets people from a-b cheaply if you abide by the rules. In this case, unfortunately you didn't and got charged.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
2. Re: Ryanair

I think Mr O'Leary is a rhymes-with-prat (think word with a W in it) with the morals of a styrofoam cup.

But he's a rhymes-with-prat who has clearly laid out the rules of travelling with his airline; Article 6.3 spells it out in plain language. www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions The table of optional fees is also shown lower on the same page.

I've never flown with FR and have no intention of doing so, but will give credit to MO'L for being upfront with the information needed to use the airline.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 105
3. Re: Ryanair

"Ryanair should stop selling to agents - they must be aware"

___

Ryanair have a policy of not selling tickets to third party agents, and tickets purchased this way are against FR's T&C's - so in theory they can and have been known to cancel tickets.

Also when booking you are notified that you need to print off your own boarding pass. Regardless of being a frequent flyer or first time flyer I'm pretty sure if you can read there should be no excuse for not printing it off.

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 6
4. Re: Ryanair

================================================

Maybe you should read the terms and conditions next time when you book...

I understand Ryanair can be harsh at times, however it's a fantastic airline at what it does. Gets people from a-b cheaply if you abide by the rules. In this case, unfortunately you didn't and got charged.

================================================

It might be hard to do this, if you never flown with ryanair, but book flights through an agent

Now I thougt ryanair had put a stop to this, but it looks like they havent

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
5. Re: Ryanair

"We hae been robbed by this company of 240euros for 4 boarding passes !!!!!!!!!"

You weren't robbed but simply had to pay the clearly set out fee because you did not print out your own passes.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
reviews: 35
6. Re: Ryanair

It is robbery

Only difference is

They tell you beforehand they re going to do it.

Yes it is clearly spelled out no doubt about that

But sixty Euros a pop for pressing Ctrl + P once

240 Euro for pressing it another three times

Is extortionate rate of charging.it need not be this high

Besides

These airlines charge an admin fee,LOL

What admin?

You use your own computer

You use your own modem

You pay your own broadband subscription

You use your own paper

You use your own ink and paper

And of course your own time

What admin do they do?

You do it all

Edited: 6:28 pm, August 15, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 65
7. Re: Ryanair

Waste of electrons is what this post is....

You didn't read the rules and had to pay the price. Going through an agency doesn't exclude you from that.

And as others have said, I was under the impression Ryanair didn't allow third parties to resell their flights.

They've been known not to let people who used third party website fly

Edited: 6:34 pm, August 15, 2012
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
8. Re: Ryanair

Sigh!!!

>>Ryanair should stop selling to agents - they must be aware !!!!!<<

They don't. If the agent who bought these ticekts on your behalf did not inform you to either print off your own boarding passes or direct you to the Ryanscare website then you should take this matter up with them. Who are they btw?

As said you were lucky to fly at all as Ryanair are within their rights under ther carriage conditions to refuse you boarding.

I really don't like this airline anymore and as you have found out they really don't like you or anyone who flies with them. To me they give cattle class a bad name, Just put it down to experience and never fly them again. Simples.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
reviews: 17
9. Re: Ryanair

Anyone with any sense even booking through a third party (which apparently not allowed by Ryanair but still goes on) would after getting their flight details go on the appropriate airline website and read their terms and conditions, I know I would.Nothing like doing research, it pays off to do so. I would never book a flight through a third party, always book direct with the airline.

aberdeen
reviews: 26
10. Re: Ryanair

“I understand Ryanair can be harsh at times, however it's a fantastic airline at what it does. Gets people from a-b cheaply if you abide by the rules. In this case, unfortunately you didn't and got charged”

Well they can be more than harsh at times, last year I was waiting at Edinburgh Airport along with everyone else to board the plane to Marrakesh, suddenly they announced that the flight was cancelled and everybody could claim their money back for the fare, then something really weird happened apparently a few hours later the plane actually took off and Ryanair were just keeping completely quiet about it and totally ignoring everybody’s attempts to contact them, I know this because I was one of the ones who came on here and started a thread about the whole weird situation, and yes (eventually) most people including me got their fares back but no compensation was ever given for hotel money already booked and paid for. I personally lost over 10x the amount on hotel bills than the fare I paid for the flight, so I can assure you they are no saints and they did a dam good job of completely blanking everyone about the whole incident.