We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights

New York
reviews: 2
Cheap flights

I have about 6 or so days free starting this coming Sunday til Friday/Saturday. I know it is last minute, but does anyone know any sites that you can search for flight based on price and not destination? I am open to many places but want to look to see where the cheapest flights are to as my initial start to weeding out where not to go. Any ideas?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: Cheap flights

You might go to a site like:

www.travelzoo.com to see which airlines/sites are having sales this week.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Cheap flights

I'd check Southwest and if you read all of the terms and conditions very carefully... Spirit.

Don't forget about Porter to Toronto... the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) should be on now, and a drive north to cottage country can be worthwhile.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 171
3. Re: Cheap flights

Geo's Toronto suggestion sounds pretty good. I'd like to add a twist to that. Why not avoid all the hassels of flying. NY to Buffalo is about a 5 hour drive.

Lots to do and see on the way. Catskills, Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls, etc.

About another hour or so to Toronto for the CNE.

New York
reviews: 2
4. Re: Cheap flights

Thanks for the replies. Ive checked out travel zoo and can't seem to find a way to put in my location and find deals that way. any way I can do that?

Geo, unfortunately Southwest does not fly out of my couple of airports

Jim, it is not a bad idea, but Ive done the Catskills and Finger lakes before. Niagara I have not and I have not been to Toronto, so that is a possible, but I was hoping to travel a little further...although I wont rule it out. Thanks!

5. Re: Cheap flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, January 24, 2013
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
6. Re: Cheap flights

You can use the explore function on kayak to search flights/destinations from an airport based on price.

http://www.kayak.com/explore/

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
7. Re: Cheap flights

OP is from August 2012!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
8. Re: Cheap flights

Oops - didn't spot Daniel had necroposted.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 22
9. Re: Cheap flights

www.skyscanner.net

Put in where you want to depart and in the destination - put in "everywhere"

I use this all the time for quick cheap weekend getaways

10. Re: Cheap flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions