We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Airlines

Kent
reviews: 5
Caribbean Airlines

Hello,

we are flying from Lon to Guyana via POS.

Were going to fly BA but see competitive prices with Caribbean Airlines. Does any one know the seat pitch (can't get any info from their website). My husband is 6 3" with a bad neck! Also the on board entertainment - back seat TV's?

Are the food and drinks free?

Which airlines are they on a par with - Monarch?

Worried about the airline reliability as we have one connection in POS and if we miss it or lose luggage our whole wildlife trip in Guyana is in serious jeopardy.

Thanks for any advise

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 90
1. Re: Caribbean Airlines

Take a look..

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/caribbean.htm

As an agent I believe they are a full service airline, although don't expect too much.

I'd fly BA/VS if available tbh if you are concerned about a more reliable service and airline.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
2. Re: Caribbean Airlines

I personally would fly BA LGW-POS then connect to BW from POS-GEO. BW is using ex-Lan Chile 767-300ERs to operate this route in a two class configuration. BA operates a 4-class 777-200ER on this route. BA hands down.

The pitch is about 30" IIRC, food and drinks are complimentary, they are a 2-3 star airline.

Kent
3. Re: Caribbean Airlines

Thank you both for your replies.

I think we'll stump up the extra and fly BA.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
4. Re: Caribbean Airlines

You're welcome. Excellent idea!

Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 80
5. Re: Caribbean Airlines

I flew them in March. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I had one of the best meals in economy that I've had in quite a while. I would have no issue using them again.

I don't like POS though. It is not a good airport to transfer at.

Amagansett, New...
6. Re: Caribbean Airlines

does any one know if caribbean airline has seat back tvs

Kent
7. Re: Caribbean Airlines

Well, our flight with them was just a short hop between islands. About 1.5hrs. So, probably for that reason (short haul), they didn't have seat back T.V's. May be different on long haul flights though.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
8. Re: Caribbean Airlines

Jermaine P

AFAIK, they only have seat back tvs on the Boeing 767-300ERs which primarily operate on the London route.

Regards

London, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Caribbean Airlines

CAL have a non stop service and double the luggage allowance on their London - Trinidad flights which is a big plus! I'm not expecting too much in terms of on board meals but I can always eat at the airport before flying! LOL

10. Re: Caribbean Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2014