We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines

Chicago, Illinois
United Airlines

Since the merger United has been a nightmare. Two times in two weeks experienced delays of 7 hours for a 90 minute flight. Most recently, July 13, 2012, three flights in the same evening cancelled. No apology. No nothing, just arrogant people that don't care. Anyone have a positive experience since the merger?

63 replies to this topic
South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: United Airlines

yep, all been positive,

no real problems so far.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: United Airlines

So far so good for me too.

But, there's definitely been reports on here, and elsewhere, of a huge increase in irrops, particularly over the last month. From what I can gauge, it appears to be the result of "cross fleeting", that's flying pre merger Continental (pmCO) aircraft on pmUA routes, and vice versa. This is certainly the case with Hawaii flights, particularly from LAX (badly hit) which have overwhelmingly switched to 757-300s and there have been big problems with those. It looks to me like they have underestimated the change on maintenance needs at the hubs; don't pmCO and pmUA aircraft have different engines?

So my guess is that it's teething problems with operations post merger, and that they'll get them sorted, but painful in the short term for those caught up in it.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 60
3. Re: United Airlines

All good here.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 44
4. Re: United Airlines

You cannot necessarily associate all bad things with the merger.

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 40
5. Re: United Airlines

My daughter currently has a dispute with United after a recent flight. Rude ground staff, downgraded and forced to sit apart from her husband. Oh, and and all four of the flights they took were between 1 and 2 hours late. And they constantly changed their flight times on the way out, to the extent that they had to cancel a special dinner to celebrate their honeymoon.

I think it was the rude aggressive ground staff at Newark that prompted her to burst into tears.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: United Airlines

Anyone have a positive experience since the merger?

======================================

I got 4 numbers up on the lottery last week.

Largo, Florida
7. Re: United Airlines

Oh no! We are flying out of FLL next month to LAS with a stop in Houston... Should I be worried?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
8. Re: United Airlines

Because some guy was delayed twice in two weeks? No.

Largo, Florida
9. Re: United Airlines

Not just this guy....but I have been reading about a lot of delays with United...

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
10. Re: United Airlines

Ok....but even if that were the case..and "reading about delays" isn't the same as evidence that there ARE delays...what's the point of worrying about it? You have your tickets purchased, right?

No airline is going to promise to be the "no delay airline".

Reply to: United Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted