We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

New Orleans...
reviews: 1
Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

Has anybody had any experience with a Canadian aggregator called Farestore? I bought a round-trip a month ago, New Orleans to Paris, on United. The latter revamped my whole itinerary a few days ago, after deciding that they were going to stop direct Houston-to-Paris flights during the fall. United attached a note at the top of my new itinerary on my Reservation Page at their website, saying that my ticket had to be re-issued because of the changes, and that I needed to contact them. When I told them that I had purchased my ticket not directly through them, but through Farestore, they told me I had to contact Farestore and ask them to re-issue the ticket. Farestore, while they did email me a copy of my new itinerary, told me that they would not re-issue the ticket until four to six weeks prior to my flight date of November 15. When I asked them why, they essentially said that it could wait, since my departure was not until four months hence, and that in the meantime, they were trying to work through a backlog of flights that also need to be ticketed but that were departing earlier than mine. They also said that it was possible that United would change my itinerary again, and waiting to re-issue the ticket would save them some possible double labor.

Is all this reasonable? Am I being a worry-wart? I just can’t get it out of my head that I did pay in full for an e-ticket and did in fact have one until United changed my itinerary, but now I don’t have one, and can’t understand why Farestore won’t give me a new one immediately. After all, they had no problem issuing me a ticket on the day I purchased it a month ago.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
1. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

It is questionable whether you even need to show your e-ticket. My action would be to call the airline and ask them if you are on the flight according to the airline records. If so, don't worry!

BTW this is why many people won't buy through a consolidator.

New Orleans...
2. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

Thanks for your reply. Though my reservation with them seems to be set in stone, I just can't understand why United would have made the stipulation that the ticket needs to be "re-issued," if this were all an irrelevancy. I guess I'm just an inexperienced traveller with loads to learn.

UK
reviews: 89
3. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

i think the first thing to learn is that cheap tickets don't come without costs, one potential cost being, as you are now finding, hassle and worry.

At least you used a company that responds to phone calls, many people here, in a similar situation to you, have third parties that don't answer the phone or are hanging on for days.

pennsylvania
reviews: 6
4. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

You have probably traveled by now but as a travel agent I can tell you that this is normal. The airlines are lazy and won't touch a ticket that was issued by an agent unless they have to. Fare Store won't do it this far in advance because it may change again and they would have to do it again. There is a bit of paperwork involved so that is why they would rather wait. As long as you are confirmed on the flights you have nothing to worry about.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
5. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

patvlagent

Great necroposting on a thread where the OP has long gone and completed the flights by now - wonder why it took you 3 yrs to make this your first post.

6. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, November 01, 2012
Edited: 12:05 pm, November 01, 2012
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 143
7. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

" I posted an explanation for anyone who might have the same question as he did on why they didn't immediately do the exchange. "

---

In that case, why don't you go through all the other posts over the past year and add your views on those. Job well done and I'm sure it will be appreciated by all..

New Orleans...
8. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

patvlagent:

Thanks for clarifying this situation for me. My itinerary was in fact changed twice, and I can now see the logic of what Farestore told me in July. They mailed me my final itinerary two weeks ago. I regret, in retrospect, being slightly rude to them in one of my phone calls, perplexed as I was, but I was nowhere near as rude as the two posters above who responded to your post trying to enlighten me and others. I depart two weeks from today. Thanks again.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 7
9. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

I am glad things worked out for you. It came as no surprise though, as Farestore is a flight consolidator for Goway and Goway is a very reputable company. I booked a custom tour to India and a Mekong River cruise with Goway and was very satisfied with the services they provided. And I saved $200 by booking my next flight with Farestore instead of directly with the airline.

Philadelphia
10. Re: Farestore and Re-issued E-Tickets

Farestore is absoutely the worst and has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

They booked an illegal flight for me and two friends, caused us to be stranteded for over 12 hours after a 14 hours flight and offered to do nothing except "let us purchase another full price ticket" to replace the flight that we missed. However, we missed the flight because It was "illegal" and it was impossible for us to get through customs and make our next flight.

The manager, Rhonda, was RUDE, ARROGANT and UNHELPFUL.

If I can give any advice, it is to avoid using them for any bookings.