We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a parasol

London
reviews: 4
Taking a parasol

Can anyone tell me if I can check in my trusty and well travelled sun parasol on an Easyjet flight without compromising my luggage allowance?

Any restrictions or anything I should be aware of?

Have taken it many times and just checked it in with my baggage at no extra cost, and without any hassle, but never flown with Easyjet.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Taking a parasol

This is lifted from the Easyjet website

"Each passenger may carry one item of hand baggage only, measuring a maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm (including wheels, pockets and handles)." and

"An overcoat, shawl, umbrella, crutches or walking frame/stick and one standardised bag of goods purchased at the departure airport may also be carried in addition to the one item allowance."

Would your parasol be considered an umbrella?

London
reviews: 4
2. Re: Taking a parasol

Mmm...thanks Tom. Am not sure? I think I may have to make a call. It is certainly larger than a brolly.

Will see if I get anymore replies, just thought it was worth an ask.

At worst will just have to buy one when I'm there and then leave it for someone else when we come home, which is what we used to do.

Thanks for prompt reply.

bristol
reviews: 1
3. Re: Taking a parasol

I have this same dilema. What did you do in the end?

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
4. Re: Taking a parasol

loulou, this thread is several months old, and happyheart may not be following it. You can send him/her a private message by clicking on the name under his/her picture and then "send message". S/he will be alerted by e-mail that there is a private message.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
5. Re: Taking a parasol

loulou

I would ask Easyjet if you want the correct information. Even if happyheart took her parasol, and it was ok, doesn't mean the same would apply to you, unless it is within Easyjet baggage requirements.

bristol
reviews: 1
6. Re: Taking a parasol

True. Will contact them. Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
7. Re: Taking a parasol

You can get umbrellas, and I assume sun parasols, that pack down to less than 8" long and easily fit inside your carry on. I have a small one I throw in a bag whenever I'm going somewhere I expect it to be rainy. And as you said, you can also buy a cheap one upon arrival.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 126
8. Re: Taking a parasol

Living in Asia, sun parasols are normal and you can buy really pretty compact ones. I would imagine a compact one would be easier when dealing with security, and much lighter, too.

9. Re: Taking a parasol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014