We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Mokulele airlines

California
reviews: 4
Go Mokulele airlines

Has anyone traveled on Go Mokulele inter-island in HI recently? Older posts say it is terrible. Anyone know?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
1. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

Most people would aggree GO! is not the best choice. Hawaiian typically is $10 more and since they are ranked number one on time year after year I would say the $10 is well spent. Add to that depending on what route you take you may be flying the Mokulele planes which are 11 seat single engine Cessnas. Some people might not want to fly in a plane that small.

Odds are GO! will get you there but they do have more issues than Hawaian or Island Air.

Detroit, Michigan...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

Just got back to Michigan today. We used Go! and it was a nightmare. They delayed our flight to Honolulu 3 times and caused us to miss our connection. We arrived home 8 hours late and the 2 bags we checked with them never made it despite their statement that they have a contract to check bags through with Delta. This doesn't include the rude and disinterested service at the counter. I'll never book with them again. EVER.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 32
3. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I've lived on the island of Kaua'i for 14 years now.

Almost everyone I know avoids Mokulele Airlines and uses Hawaiian since Aloha Airlines went under a few years back.

Many reasons, but basically their schedules aren't convenient and they aren't considered reliable by many of us who live here.

Malama Pono,

Janet

New York, NY
reviews: 14
4. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

I would almost never write a review. But I have a civic duty here. This is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST AIRLINE EVER.

We had a flight out of Maui which we booked through Go Air but was operated by Mokulele. We had a confirmation email from Mokulele.

We get to the maui airport and get in line. We're asked by a young female employee of Mokulele to sit down and told our plane was at the airport and on time (in retrospect I should have been more skeptical given I never told her what flight I was on). She later reassured us that our 1:35pm flight from Maui to Kona was at the airport and on time.

After 30 minutes of waiting, we inquire again, and this time are told that the flight was cancelled. We were then told by this same woman that all of the other passengers were already booked on different flights. Initially, this woman lied and said they all had gotten to the airport before us. Then she admitted everyone but us had been called. Asked why she kept giving us blatantly false information (i.e., that the plane was there, that the flight was on time, that other passengers had showed up before us), the woman finally admitted that she had just got to the airport at noon and wasn't sure what was going on. She was simply lying straight to our faces, telling us anything she thought would satisfy us. All of which was contrary to the most simply and basic facts around her. I was in disbelief.

When we asked about other available flights, they simply told us they were full and were unwilling to assist us get on another airline flight. The blamed everything on Go Airlines and insisted they didn't have any information on our flight. Then they challenged us to produce the confirmation from Mokulele! (Of Course - we did - an email directly from Mokulele with our flight details). I could simply not believe the attitude. They literally would have had us stayed at the airport with them the entire day.

In the time the woman made us sit at the airport, erroneously and recklessly informing us that all was well, we could have booked on another airline and saved some of our day.

Hawaiian was able to squeeze us on a flight that day. When we told them we tried to fly with Go/Mokulele, every person at Hawaiin either laughed or were entirely without surprise. This is the norm for this airline.

IF ONE PERSON READS THIS REVIEW AND DECIDES TO GO WITH HAWAIIAN AIRLINES INSTEAD, I HAVE DONE MY JOB. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE.

reviews: 2
5. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

I wish I had seen these experiences before I booked our family's trip to Maui from Oahu. Almost an identical experience to yours with very disinterested employees failing to provide a straight answer or outright misrepresented actual situations including mishandling our luggage, making commitments they later did not fulfill as they had stated. I would never use this airline again, however, with their lack of on time flights, poor customer service and inefficient operations I doubt they would be around long enough for my next inter island trip.

New Brunswick
reviews: 3
6. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

Not to mention the Go flight between Honolulu and Hilo where the pilot and co pilot both fell asleep and overflew Hilo by 25 min. The issue at the time was Go overworking flight crews

7. Re: Go Mokulele airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 26, 2014