We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad - Lost & Found

NomadicForever
reviews: 13
Etihad - Lost & Found

I'm at a loss how to get a reply from Etihad:

I left a small sling bag with my reading glasses, some medication and a small cosmetics purse on the plane. As soon as I walked into the lounge I noticed. I reported this immediately to a staff member with seat no. etc. It was not a fancy bagnor did it contain any money.

I did not understand why nobody could go to my former seat and get the bag. I was assured that this would go to lost & found and I would be notified.

Between arrival to dep. of my onward trip was one hour.Nothing.

Until now have not heard from Etihad, no reply to my email to their guest service not even an acknowledgement of my email.

Any idea what to do? Write it all off?

Tks.

10 replies to this topic
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Hi,

Your only and best course would be to contact Eithad *locally* at the station where your loss was incurred..

Unlike baggage, lost & found and other similar items are kept and dealt with locally and not forwarded on to the home office for processing..

So, if it's been found, it will be retained at the station where it was discovered.. That MAY be where you disembarked, it might not- it just depends on WHERE it was finally "found".

As to why can't someone just go back to the plane and get it.. That answer is 'it depends on the specifics'.. In today's universe, carriers restrict movement and access to aircraft when on the ground for security reasons.. Also, in some countries, local security and Customs rules don't allow you back onto to aircraft once you've stepped off..

While everyone air-side is presumed to have been screened, in the end, carriers do restrict access to their aircraft to only those who have a defined "need" to get on--such as cleaners, maintenance, inflight crews, etc..

Depending on Etihad's internal security protocols, they may not (and I suspect they don't) automatically deem ALL of their airport staff as having a "need" in terms of access to aircraft cabins.

Perhaps it shouldn't be like this, but for most carriers and in many countries, there are restrictions-- even for the airlines own staff-- as to who can get onto a parked and unattended aircraft.

Try to find a LOCAL contact for Etihad and I'd start working your issue from that angle as it's largely not something that the main offices are set-up to address on a world-wide basis.

Best of luck,

Travel Safe,

NomadicForever
2. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Tks for the reply. I came from Muc to AUH (where I left my bag) and continued to BKK. My local Etihad office at present is BKK (also where the tkt was issued). Will be passing thru AUH again in Oct.

I am a bit of a scatter brain sometimes, and I had the same situation once on EK. A ground staff member went back and got my glasses.

It would help if Etihad had given me a contact no. But no, "we will email if....".

Edited: 8:01 am, June 29, 2012
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
3. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Hi,

I'd call Etihad's BKK office and ask for a local station operations number for AUH... Most aircraft are security 'swept' before the next flight (assuming that it wasn't a simple stop with passenger remaining onboard) so, I'd guess that if it's been found, it was done so in AUH...

Waiting until October to ask on you way back via AUH, to me, is not a great idea..

Most airlines only hold 'found" items for 30 to 60 days.. Once that time expires, they commonly dispose of them via various methods like local charitable donations etc.

Airlines today simply don't have the room or dedicate the staffing resources to managing this aspect of their operations for that long of a period of time.

Travel Safe,

NomadicForever
4. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Tks GOPBI. Will see them on Monday. It should have been found as AUH was the final destination for this flight.

Vipiteno, Italy
5. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

I'm at a loss how to get a reply from Etihad:

I left a trolley handbag with all my documents including my italian identity cards of my whole family ,my driving license, some reading books, and my purse in the airport of islamabad, i was travelling with my family, from islmabad to abu dhabi on flight numb. EY232 on 22june 2013 .after two an half hour transit next flight was to milan malpensa the Eithad airline numb. EY87 As soon i boarded on the flight number EY"£" i advised an air hostess abaut the happened , then she telled me that when my bag will found the Etihad centre will send it to milan malpensa. when i landed to milan malpensa i contacted immediatly the lost and found centre they telled me that my bag was found and sent to abu dhabi and it will be sent into 2 days at milan malpensa, but the problem is when i contact the milan malpensa they say that they haven't recivied any bag. please tell where can i have information about my bag. my name is raja shahid mehmood

Until now have not heard from Etihad, no reply to my email to their guest service not even an acknowledgement of my email.

Any idea what to do?

Tks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Call their office in Milan.

Abu Dhabi, United...
7. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

my mother travelling 27december 2013 from abudhabi to kochi passenger name said muhammed khadeeja code AXHSWJ flight no EY 280 SEAT NO 12B mother forgot 1 HOLY QURAN in seat if you found pls send me my india address jeseena k m , manappallil , nadvath nager .p.o pin 688526 , alleppey dist . kerala , india phone no 00919645082884 ,00919633392290

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
8. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Ach, nothing valuable, then....

9. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

Hi..I need help...today I was travelling from.manchester to Abu dhabi...n as soon as I got out from.plane to security chk I realised I forgot my very valuable and expensive bose earphones in the front pocket of my seat 31A.i went to etihad transfer desk n the guy called someone to ask if such an item was found on flight.but they replied negative.i am 110% sure thats where I left them . pls help! !

London, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Etihad - Lost & Found

You can try contacting the airline, but to be honest, the odds of you getting them back are low, either you did not leave them there or someone took them.

Reply to: Etihad - Lost & Found
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted