We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vayama

San Jose
Vayama

flying from Sfo to Bangkok in August and Vayama has the best prices for premium economy. has anyone had a good experiance with them.All the bad comments have me on the fence?

73 replies to this topic
Newcastle, England...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Vayama

price difference between vayama (With all the taxes and the 'at the end' credit card charges) and other sites ... ?

UK
reviews: 84
2. Re: Vayama

Phone the airline, say " Vayama have this great price is it genuine" and ask if you can buy at that price direct from them.

Most of the bad reviews from Vayama are down to people who don't understand that if they book a non refundable or non changeable ticket that it's not refundable, or changeable, but should you ever need to contact them then from anecdotal reports here don't expect it all to be smooth.

You don't say what the saving is, but as per the post above, I'd also make very sure you are looking at the price that's shown on the final page just before you click confirm, and not just a "prices from X" type of price before taxes and fees have been added.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Vayama

I've never used Vayama, but I've read virtually all the threads on here. And if you do read through them all and use your judgement as to their validity you'll probably see more satisfied customers than justifiably upset ones (as opposed to rants from people who didn't read the agent's, or the airline's terms and conditions).

And, Vayama has a customer service manager who posts here, and who you can contact by personal message if you have any concerns (VayamaVoice).

The thread you should look at is the one below, because I think post #7 sums up what I'd think.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5478212…

All that said, unless you can get a massive saving, the best and safest thing to do is to book directly with the airline and cut out any 3rd party middleman.

Edited: 4:08 am, June 28, 2012
1060 W Addison...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Vayama

I have a positive experience with them. Read all the info and understood that if there were problems, I might have a harder time dealing with them than with a full-price agency. I was willing to take that risk to save $hundreds. I wouldn't take that risk to save $20-30.

San Jose
5. Re: Vayama

thanks everyone

Sao Paulo, SP
6. Re: Vayama

I had a terrible experience with them. I bought a wrong ticket and immediately ask them to change it, but they said that wouldn´t be possible cause weren´t any other tickets with the same values available. But it was a lie, there plenty of chairs available. So I had to buy new tickets and they say that the first one was non-refundable. I lost $1565.00!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Vayama

>> I bought a wrong ticket <<

Say no more!

>> they said that wouldn´t be possible cause weren´t any other tickets with the same values available. But it was a lie, there plenty of chairs available.<<

Nope, that's not a lie. What they (almost certainly) said was that there weren't any seats available in the same fare basis/bucket, for the flight that you should have had the sense to book in the first place. If the fare bucket was sold out, then seats, even in economy, would cost much more. And guess what, cheap tickets are non-refundable and quite possibly non changeable.

Your fault for (a) booking the wrong flights in the first place, and (b) for not reading and understanding the T+Cs of both the airline and the agent.

(and no I don't work for Vayama)

Sao Paulo, SP
8. Re: Vayama

Ok, u certainly don´t work for vayama uhm… I just said that there was same ticket because my boyfriend bought another ticket with the original price and in the flight I had tried to change. And, both TAP and Lufthansa said that my tickets prices were refundable.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Vayama

From the Vayama website:

"All tickets purchased through Vayama are NONREFUNDABLE following ticket issuance."

Doesn't get much clearer than that.

Edited: 11:17 am, July 14, 2012
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
10. Re: Vayama

Ok, u certainly don´t work for vayama uhm… I just said that there was same ticket because my boyfriend bought another ticket with the original price and in the flight I had tried to change. And, both TAP and Lufthansa said that my tickets prices were refundable

Doubt that. Most tickets are NOT refundable. You've already received the correct explanation from USBusiness.. As usual, another person complaining about Vayama when they themselves made the error.

You certainly are not out all this money. Try reading the terms and conditions. Most tickets, even nonrefundable ones may be changed, to different dates for example, but you're going to have to pay some hefty fees.

Perhaps doing a little research and learning how airfare pricing works would be helpful?

No one who has posted in this thread works for Vayama. That's just a silly thing to say.

Reply to: Vayama
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted