We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 41
Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

Found a really good price for flights from YYC-CDG late this year. I can't find anything on the web for this agency and no one else seems to have the same price, which may not be a big deal if they are a consolidator. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them? My Spidey senses are tingling a little on this. Thanks

47 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

If it seems too good to be true...

Advertisements mean nothing given the fine print that they are not held to the price offered (no 3rd party provider is). Third party providers do not carry a stock of seats. They pull from inventory made available to them by the airlines. They all pull from the same inventory. There is plenty of recent information about 3rd party sellers in this forum. Search for "3rd party" in this forum and you will see many comments.

Winnipeg, Canada
2. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

I am on the same site and wondering the same thing. Did you end up buying the ticket from Faremagic?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

If you believe in magic ..... but alas you can't get cheap air tickets using magic. And of course, magic (though entertaining) is actually a bunch of tricks and deceptions.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 41
4. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

No, I decided to pass on purchasing from them. I started to go through the process but to get the credit card done, I had to submit a form to FareGeek, another travel site. At that point, I thought it may be the "shell" game and stopped the process.

Thornhill, Ontario...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

I booked a flight from Toronto to Greece last night at 9:30 PM. I called to follow up on my booking with their customer service. When they finally answered my call, they assured me I would have my final confirmation within 3 hours. Although it is the weekend and they may be working shorter hours, it has been over 15 hours since I physically booked it online and still no confirmation.

I checked my credit card and they have still not charged me yet which is the only reassuring part right now.

At the end of the day, their website looks legitimate and functions the same as any of the larger ones like xpedia, selloff vacations, travel etc...

I will let you know if something goes astray with this booking through fare magic.com.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 27
6. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

Hi Amir, did you get some answer from Magicfare about your trip yet ?

UK
reviews: 81
7. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

At the end of the day, their website looks legitimate and functions the same as any of the larger ones like expedia

===========

Apart from the minor matter of having actually purchased you a flight perhaps?

:-)

Thornhill, Ontario...
8. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

Hi there, I did recieve my e-tickets in the end. The customer service is a little shady - they are based out of INDIA and run on INDIA business hours of operation. They never replied to my email inquiry.

Once I finally got a hold of someone on the phone, they advised me the e-tickets were indeed emailed but the email apparently bounced back to them...? Sort of strange, since I got the original confirmation of "Order Processing" email with no issues...

It took them 3 days for me to eventually get a hold of someone to re-send me my e-tickets. Bottom line is their customer service set-up SUCKS, but prices are the BEST. What an awful combination lol.

I would consider booking with another ticketer, simply based on the fact that when you are bookign travel arrangements, you would always perfer to have instant confirmation so you may proceed with organizing the rest of your trip asap.

Hope my answer helps you all, please email me with any other direct inquiries about my experience with faremagic if you wish.

UK
reviews: 81
9. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

It took them 3 days for me to eventually get a hold of someone to re-send me my e-tickets.

============

I think you mean your itinerary.

eTIckets are not (and cannot be) emailed to anyone, an eTicket just means there is an entry in a computer for your flight. And the itinerary, whilst useful to know (!) is not needed for travel, and can be accessed by going into the website of the airline, for which all you need is the booking code, aka PNR.

The PNR is usually a 6 digit set of letters and numbers. They could have told you what it was over the phone.

Edited: 1:45 pm, July 18, 2012
Thornhill, Ontario...
10. Re: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?

No, I dont mean itinerary.

They are actual e-ticket confirmation numbers with letters and numbers as you mention. They have an online system for which you are granted access to see yoru actual e-tickets once your final confirmation email is sent to you by a faremagic representative.

Reply to: Anyone booked on FareMagic.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted