We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoodaki

Hereford, United...
reviews: 1
Hoodaki

I find a difference of more than £200 between hudaki and the airline website charges. Especially as this is during school holidays HoodakiI is offering some real cheap flights. Is it safe to book with them?

48 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Hoodaki

Have never used them but note that whilst they display prices as from £xxx you actually need to call them to confirm availability at that price - I wouldn't be surprised to discover that those prices are no longer available and they try to sell you a flight at a higher price.

I always recommend booking direct with the relevant airline as it is easier to deal with future issues such as schedule changes if required - many 3rd party sites offer little or no post sales customer service.

There could also be hefty change fees in addition to those incurred by the airline if you need to make any future changes.

Be sure to read all the terms & conditions if you decide to proceed.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Hoodaki

My advice is to forget about it. Having to call to verify prices is a red flag to me.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Hoodaki

They are registered with ATOL, so you're "protected" to their extent. BUT ... they are another trading name of Benz Travel, who also own "The Wise Miser". A few threads on them here, which are heavily populated with one posters saying how wonderful they are. Not exactly the credible reviews that would attract me.

www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k2079773…

Edited: 4:40 am, June 13, 2012
Hereford, United...
4. Re: Hoodaki

Thanks guys. Appreciated.

Royal Tunbridge...
5. Re: Hoodaki

We have booked with them as they were much cheaper than even the airline itself and our flights are showing on the airline's web page as confirmed so I'm hoping it's all ok.

London, England...
6. Re: Hoodaki

They are complete scammers. Trying to cancel ticket booked via them, they now want to try and charge us almost 60% of the entire ticket. As per their terms and conditions in the emails from them if you cancel 56 days before the trip, you only loose the deposit. Don't touch them with a barge pole.

Edited: 4:12 pm, August 13, 2012
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
7. Re: Hoodaki

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Their terms and conditions do state that if you cancel MORE than 56 days before your trip, you will incur a cancellation fee equal to your deposit. However, this is to cancel a PACKAGE, not just tickets.

It goes on to state:

"Most discounted airline tickets carry a 100% cancellation charge."

So, if you are trying to cancel a ticket only, and they are charging you only 60% of the ticket cost, you are actually doing pretty well.

London, England...
8. Re: Hoodaki

It is not a package, we only booked tickets via them, everything else was booked by another party.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Hoodaki

There you go then, that probably explains the fee.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
10. Re: Hoodaki

It is not a package, we only booked tickets via them, everything else was booked by another party********

Then the 56 days does not apparently apply to you, as this is only for packages. Also, the cancellation can only be done in writing by the booking party:

"You may cancel your booking at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the person making the booking and is communicated to us in writing. As we incur costs when you cancel, we will retain your deposit and additional cancellation charges may apply."

Maybe you should contact the third party??

Reply to: Hoodaki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted