We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germania Airlines

Dublin
reviews: 15
Germania Airlines

Hi

Has anyone ever travelled with the above airline.

Going from Dublin to Malaga as part of a package with them and just wondering what they like never too sure with these unknown airlines.

Thanks any help appreciated.

172 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Germania Airlines

I've never flown with them,,but understand they are pretty much a low cost carrier/charter company. So I would not expect a lot of frills, which for a relatively short flight, 2 or 3'hours should be fine. Just don't go in expecting one of the full cost carrier experiences.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: Germania Airlines

Well I have never heard of them either to be honest. Small fleet of 737 & A319's.

I see from their website that you get 20kg free hold baggage plus carry on. They serve free tea, coffee and soft drinks (well once per short flighht ) and even free sandwich or snack. Can't find info on seat pitch but all in all they sound OK.

Small operation though so I guess if they go tech you could be in for a long wait. Let us know how you get on.

Dublin
reviews: 15
3. Re: Germania Airlines

Thanks appreciate the response.

London, England...
reviews: 29
4. Re: Germania Airlines

I see that Sunvil is using them for their Greek holidays in 2013.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
reviews: 344
5. Re: Germania Airlines

With one plane from Gatwick

London, United...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Germania Airlines

thanks for the link to this thread. Yes they are being used from gatwick summer 2013 by Sunvil Holidays. This is only for their best selling island in Greece called SAMOS and for guests also staying on the 2 adjacent smaller islands of PATMOS and IKARIA onward transfers by sea.I believe Sunvil have to buy in seats from other carriers for the rest of their greek holidays.They used XLAir very successfully...happy days of cheap flights never to be seen again sadly/when XL folded I was stranded on Samos and happily stayed an extra 2 weeks. Miss XL even now. Wish easy jet would adopt Samos Airport as its used all year around by many.

I have lived in Samos and love the island. My husband and I now reside permanently in uk but we return whenever we can as we have many friends and family there. Sunvil are without doubt the best Holiday Company to book to travel with as they really care about their customers and their transfers on the island and onward by sea are always done with great attention to your comfort and genuine happiness to see returning guests from Nina and Kate their reps based on Samos now for many years.

No wonder its their best selling greek island it's truly is an exceptional place and only 45 miles wide by 15 miles deep with mountainous interior and breathtaking views at every turn. Beaches are sandy in the south and south west pebbles elsewhere. I hope Germania air does not put off guests. The alternative is only Thomson or Thomas Cook who have dreadful trip advisor ratings.and expensive for flights only.

For those who want direct flights leaving in the morning and in Samos in time for lunch I think direct flights are best. All other air travel combos from uk are exhausting into athens and onward on another carriers plane ,who is "partner" so at least your luggage is in transit, but usually you go out 10pm or so and sit in Athens airport to get first flight out next day. Done that worn the teashirt and try not to do it except out of season now.regards

Madrid
7. Re: Germania Airlines

They are an experienced ACMI operator as well.They recently had a fleet of Fokker 100's on wet lease to Air Berlin.

London, United...
8. Re: Germania Airlines

Thankyou but I don't know what an ACMI operator means nor do I understand wet lease..haha the world of air travel is intriquing regards and thanks for reply

Edited: 5:39 am, January 08, 2013
Southampton, United...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Germania Airlines

Sunvil are also using them on Gatwick Crete(Chania) route for the summer as well.

London, United...
10. Re: Germania Airlines

Thank you Dimiteriswife for your kind comments. Just to clarify the situation, Sunvil has contracted Germania Air to operate the majority of our Greece flying ex-Gatwick for this coming summer - 7 weekly routes in all. We are basing one of their Boeing 737/700 aircraft at Gatwick for the summer. This particular aircraft was built in 1998 so is a nice modern plane with 148 leather seats. All our Germania flights are fully catered with a hot meal service in each direction and 20 kgs checked luggage allowance per person included. Germania has a total fleet size of 9 B737-700 and 7 Airbus A319 aircraft. We are very confident that Germania will provide a good service and a pleasant flying experience to all our customers. (Note: Germania is pronounced with a hard 'G' and a long 'a' as in 'ah'). Thanks.

Reply to: Germania Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted