We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta airlines

tamworth,uk
reviews: 7
Delta airlines

hi

i just thought i would write a review for our recent flights with delta ,we have just come back from boston ma and flew out of heathrow on the 767 400 ,i have flown with virgin and ba recently and found to my surprise delta beats them both for service the plane was far better than virgins last year ,cleaner ,better seat back tv's and almost edible food .the staff seemed more friendly and efficent than either ba or virgin .so all in all well done delta i'm impressed and will book with you again

101 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 52
1. Re: Delta airlines

I totally agree. I flew with them to Las Vegas via Detroit in Feb this year. It was such a good flight. Fab seat back tv, comfy seat with plenty of leg room (I am 6ft). So much better than flying on the nasty Virgin planes out of Gatwick. Oh and it was nearly £200 cheaper too!!

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 256
2. Re: Delta airlines

Delta might be better than Virgin in economy across the Atlantic. But a large number of my colleagues at work have horror stories flying Delta and now insist on flying BA when it is necessary for them to travel to the US

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
3. Re: Delta airlines

There are probably an equal number of horror stories about BA from someone else's work lol.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 256
4. Re: Delta airlines

I am sure that is true - but there is a strong consensus in my company on the London-Atlanta route not to fly Delta !

tamworth,uk
reviews: 7
5. Re: Delta airlines

i can only go by my experience but found them very good and as i say better than ba and virgin

uk
reviews: 73
6. Re: Delta airlines

Thanks for posting your positive comments Platty.

There is often a bias on this board towards the UK and European carriers but I really have rarely seen that much difference in EC.

Canada
reviews: 13
7. Re: Delta airlines

Just goes to show you; one person's pleasure is another person's pain.

I booked Seattle-Paris return on Air France and they subsequently stopped flying that route and put me on their SkyTeam partner, Delta.

It was like ordering a glass of wine and being served koolaid in my opinion.

The plane itself, food/beverage service, in-flight entertainment and demeanor of the flight attendants was not even in the same league as Air France (or BA, in my experience). I don't know why but I find North American fa's can be quite unpleasant when compared with their European counterparts.

As I said, each to his own but my Delta experience was unimpressive at best and it's unlikely I'd consider flying to Europe with them again.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
8. Re: Delta airlines

I used to be big time Delta. Primarily due to them taking over Western. They always did a good job and even rescued me a couple times when I was having flight issues. They are efficient and were relatively well run (now they bought an oil refinery<roll eyes>). As far as customer service goes, they have a good reputation trans-pacific... probably due to the NW influence, and have excellent service out of GUM that has taken away most of the business travel from United (who shuffled the old, cramped, uncomfortable 777's to the GUM routes).

As far as ATL-LHR/LGW, Delta is fine, as is BA... though I prefer BA.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
reviews: 1
9. Re: Delta airlines

Like most service industries (and especially travel), the judgement of the company is based on the person you deal with and the experience you have. And it is often a one chance deal. So if the flight attendant or caterer had an off day, boom, done deal for that airline, in the eyes of the customers on that flight.

I find myself on Delta quite a bit due to my homebase and our tour destinations. They get me there safely, the flight crew is friendly enough and the food ... well it is airline food, I can't expect more. But having flown them frequently I have encountered the bad on occasion ... but then I can say the same for highly praised carriers like Singapore and Thai, where I have had great flights and mediocre flights.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
10. Re: Delta airlines

I also used to be "big time" Delta in the late 90's, thanks to their then extraordinarily generous FF program that gave me systemwide upgrades at 45k miles per year, and their original Tokyo and Seoul flights from PDX. Sadly the simultaneous axing of those generous benefits and the TPACs sent me to AA and then United.

Delta were good, and on the occasions I fly them now they're still perfectly fine by today's general standards.

Reply to: Delta airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted